With Frodo 12 beta 3 Airplay stops playing after 14 seconds
Hi All,

My setup introduces a new problem:
Airplay freezes after 14 seconds of streaming.
No messages in any logfile and no crash.

Setup: XBMCbuntu 12 beta 1 start, upgraded to beta 3 with apt-get. Manually installed the airplay libs because beta 1 didn't install them default.

iTunes is updated to version 11 and running on OS X Lion

Any people experiencing the same?

Vincent
I'm having the *exact* same problem. I can provide some more information:

* The problem happens in both Ubuntu 12.10 and 12.04 with both XBMC Frodo v12 beta 2 and beta 3
* AirPlay with the iPhone YouTube app works with Frodo
* AirPlay with iPhone Music app works with Frodo
* AirPlay with iTunes 11 works with XBMC Eden v11
I don't seem to be having the problem running b3 on windows - may be a linux issue
(2012-12-11, 16:49)Crotia Wrote: I don't seem to be having the problem running b3 on windows - may be a linux issue

I'm pretty sure it only relates to the Linux lib for Airplay.
bump
Can't reproduce - airplaying music runs for hours here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-14, 12:10)Memphiz Wrote: Can't reproduce - airplaying music runs for hours here.

Could it be the combination of the new iTunes or Mac OS X version? (I don't have any Windows at home)

In Beta 1 it worked flawlessly even with streaming of song names. Is getting the song name something that could happen after 14 seconds?
The effect is also that iTunes pauses with streaming after 14 seconds.

In de xbmc.log it is complaining about something, which I cannot recall at the moment.

Vincent
(2012-12-14, 12:10)Memphiz Wrote: Can't reproduce - airplaying music runs for hours here.

It seems that the bug was introduced in beta 2, not beta 3 - playing music from iTunes 11 (Win) to XBMC Frodo BETA1 from https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/unstable works perfectly, but using BETA2, BETA3 or RC1 from the same source (no other changes - libshairport and itunes the same between each attempt; the version in the linked PPA was used) reliably results in the stream freezing at 15 seconds.

When the freeze occurs, there's a "CSoftAEStream::GetFrame - Underrun" error in the debug log - XBMC remains responsive *unless* you press stop, at which point the entire interface freezes for approx. 4 minutes. After it unfreezes, operation is normal with the exception that airplay connections fail.

Streaming AirPlay from an iOS 5 devices works fine on any of the mentioned versions, but streaming from iTunes 11 (Mac) fails in the exact same manner.

Debug log of freeze w/o airplaydebug: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21040 - note the complete 4 minute lock up after onStop is received
Debug log of freeze w/ airplaydebug: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21041 - truncated; the remainder of the output was the same 9 lines repeating (750MB worth of it)
Debug log of normal playback on beta1, all other conditions the same: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21042

Hope those can help you replicate it, Memphiz
I tried it with streaming from iTunes 11.01 / on ML 10.8.2 to XBMC current master on 10.04.3 / kernel 2.6.38-11

that worked without problems (continue testing).

Could you try to get rid of that ipv6disable stuff in your advancedsettings.xml?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok even if you don't believe me but this is caused by the libshairport from our ppa. I have to ping the ppa maintainers to update libshairport...
I believe you as long as we get to a solution Tongue

It would be no problem for me to test again, when bumped.

Vincent.
I just uploaded new packages to our nightly PPA, can you please add it and update libshairport and retest?
hint: the ppa is in my sig
(2012-12-15, 22:06)wsnipex Wrote: I just uploaded new packages to our nightly PPA, can you please add it and update libshairport and retest?
Sorry to inform that it doesn't work.
It still freezes at 15 seconds.

Here is de debug logfile.
http://pastebin.com/bUWeAbYu

It did update from nightly.

Vincent
then its something with the build process. I had the same problem when using libshairport from the ppa before - then i built it myself and problem was gone. No clue how to track that down wsnipex - i'm building on 10.04.3 (outdated i know - but every ubuntu version after it just sucks Wink ).

In this case the debug log doesn't help me anything Sad
(2012-12-15, 22:06)wsnipex Wrote: I just uploaded new packages to our nightly PPA, can you please add it and update libshairport and retest?

Updated to libshairport1 1:1.2.1~git20120110.aeb4987-2~ppa1~precise from the xbmc-nightly PPA but I'm still seeing the exact same behaviour. I'll try updating XBMC from nightly as well and update this post.

EDIT: Same behaviour with xbmc-* from the nightly PPA

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
With Frodo 12 beta 3 Airplay stops playing after 14 seconds0