XBOX + HP ProLiant MicroServer
Hi I've a HP ProLiant Microserver acting as a NAS for all my TV + Movies.

I also have an XBOX running XBMC.

I only connected the two today. Before that I was watching the files on my pc via the NAS, or files saved on the XBOX HD and never ran into any problems.

However when I tried watching files on the XBOX that are stored on the NAS the larger files don't play. Is the XBOX not capable of playing 1gb+ tv files?
Sure it is. I've used that configuration for years. As long as it's not HD content the XBOX will play it fine from your NAS.
Maybe there is problem with your network? Did you try using a different network cable to your XBOX for instance?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
(2012-12-09, 18:11)Bram77 Wrote: Sure it is. I've used that configuration for years. As long as it's not HD content the XBOX will play it fine from your NAS.
Maybe there is problem with your network? Did you try using a different network cable to your XBOX for instance?

Hmmm, a lot of stuff is 720p or 1080i, is the xbox not up to that?
XBMC for Xbox is no longer supported on xbmc.org. Please see http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk for original xbox support.

And no, the xbox can't play most 720 content or any 1080 content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX + HP ProLiant MicroServer0