Win Stutter video playback problem
Ok, formatted ssd, clean install win7 64 bit, fresh install frodo rc2 latest catalyst.. Everything set right

Still problems remain...
Sometimes audio on receiver switches from dts-hd to dolby plogic.. (When video is buffering or stuttering)
Thats main concern now...
Switching back to eden with hd audio ability, problem is gone , no stuttering

Log here
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=23043

Another thing i daw, i dunno if that is skin related or frodo related, if i watch something say 10 min and i click "rewind" it forwards instead of rewind, its in log too

Hope ddamian or someone skilled is reading this and willing to help
Why is it working in eden + hd patch and not in frodo

Edit: if you look into the log, there are a lot of ffmpeg errors!
Is anyone still having this issue? 12.0 RC3 still has the problem on my PC. It seems to go away when I change from HDMI (Either DirectSound or WSAPI) to Optical or Analog audio out. I can't do without HDMI since that connects to my receiver.

Every video I play studders. It plays for .3 seconds, pauses, plays again for .2 seconds, and repeats the same issue. There is also no audio. Formats vary from SD, 720p and 1070p. I tried stereo movies, DTS, DD and all exhibited the issue.

Using Windows 7 x64. 8GB Memory. i5 2500K. SSD. Radeon 5770 with latest Catalyst drivers (12.10).

Version 11 worked flawlessly with no studder. No studder in other apps such as VLC.
Yes im having those problems as well with a gtx 680!
It's likely incorrect audio settings, see the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
I must say : big thanks!
For some reasons (i thpught it was due to ffmpeg version used) i had some serious buffering issues with all betas , rc and 12.0 final which i didnt have with eden and hd audio

Now with 12.1 it seems, it just vanished, i dunno what you did guys.. But its fixed! No more need for dsplayer now. Thx!
Maybe it was an audio related problem after all as a number of audio related stability fixes have gone into 12.1
I dunno, but i dont care as long as it is fixed Smile
Me too , I have the same issues, with playback of certain br isos even some hq 1080p mkv files its very hit and miss and very annoying, ive tried so many settings now its getting me frustrated as my mrs wont watch movies thru xbmc as she notices some slight stutterings in films and says it puts her off.
my problem was resolved yesterday by downloading the amd auto video driver updater, it checked my video card and downloaded the latest version and i re booted and now everything is fine !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stutter video playback problem0