XBMC source code and GPL
PS I know you would love to get into GPL fine print....all this will do is make the project be released at point releases and kept underground till its ready for a full roll out and will slow the creativity bug fixes etc.....if you would like this and you think it is the way to go J Marshal just say so and ill make sure nothing goes out till a proper output happens and keep it inhouse? I would love to know the answers to the above questions and also why exobuzz breaks the rules releasing xdk material continuously....this never happened in the old days and would have got him banned for sure....

i opened my PM and found a picture of the new VISION movie skin that I want to roll out....look at the date Smile

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311...tark01.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311...tark02.jpg

..... this is the build im doing it on aprox...must have been linked cant remember onesojourner but he seems to remember
(2012-12-14, 09:53)BritneysPAIRS Wrote: PS I know you would love to get into GPL fine print....all this will do is make the project be released at point releases and kept underground till its ready for a full roll out and will slow the creativity bug fixes etc.....if you would like this and you think it is the way to go J Marshal just say so and ill make sure nothing goes out till a proper output happens and keep it inhouse? I would love to know the answers to the above questions and also why exobuzz breaks the rules releasing xdk material continuously....this never happened in the old days and would have got him banned for sure....

If that is what you have to do to be compliant with the GPL, then we not only ask for it, we demand it.

As for exobuzz, we cannot act on Microsoft's behalf when it comes to their code being violated. We can only act for our own code. Since all XBMC4XBOX business/releases/etc are done on their site, there is nothing more we can do. As far as I understand, Person C cannot take legal action against Person B if Person B is violating Person A's copyright. Person A has to be the one to take action with Person B.
all sources are there and theres a link to them above Smile he openly supports others breaking these rules...these GPL rules you mention above...he supports them daily.......and they are the people that created this thread...I think your lience does say something about copyrighted material? does it not.....isnt it banned im pretty sure it is....please address these breaches as well...my code is above and is linked (without copyrighted material) on the site, he has it and its availabe on request...eg bigby was pointed to it when asked under another name.....

Is this a witch hunt?

(2012-12-14, 10:13)BritneysPAIRS Wrote: all sources are there and theres a link to them above Smile he openly supports others breaking these rules...these GPL rules you mention above...he supports them daily.......and they are the people that created this thread...I think your lience does say something about copyrighted material? does it not.....isnt it banned im pretty sure it is....

I see no links to sources for your XBMC code changes.

The GPL is a copyright license. The law that is broken when you violate the GPL is the copyright law.

This is not a discussion about exobuzz. If he did something wrong, we can deal with that in another thread. Someone does not get to rob a store just because "someone else did it too". Right now we're talking about you.

I take it from your response that you've retracted your offer to comply with the GPL?
what there are the sources...they have them....I will release them and it will stall nightly builds to be non public...thats not an issue....infact its easy
you can see from the below site...A they have the sources and Diff file....B I gave them other none GPL code to help them out....I think it promotes close sources when I help them with new code..new non GPL code...new ideas and all they want is it shut down....what they did was offer pain...offer copyright material...offer help to people breaking these very rules that come here for you to help them...now you are offering help to the very people that violate these rules....all I get is me getting questions cause I answer them and then no answers back from the questions I have....and this is promoted here at present
Please bear in mind I decided to not post the link I uploaded but there very own linked posted by them....just to prove they have them....and have analyzed them

http://coinopsproject.freeforums.org/128...t1257.html

Xphazer Post subject: 128MB Support..Posted: 30 Oct 2012 07:04
Highscores: 3 I'm trying to find where is the code related to the 128MB support.
Can someone enlighten me into the right direction ?

Dragon Source Code: http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/DRAGO ... Source.rar
Diff: http://www.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/xbmc.diff

XBMC4XBOX 3.2 Stable

BritneysPAIRS Post subject: Re: 128MB Support..Posted: 30 Oct 2012 07:20
Site Admin
Posts: 3194 Great for game launching (was posted to whufclee on your site from mem but cant get pm to check you guys can grab it from my pms theres abit more in there as well)

Enable128MegCaching();

void Enable128MegCaching( void )
{
LARGE_INTEGER regVal;

// Verify that we have 128 megs available
MEMORYSTATUS memStatus;
GlobalMemoryStatus( &memStatus );
if( memStatus.dwTotalPhys < (100 * 1024 * 1024) )
return;

// Grab the existing default type
READMSRREG( IA32_MTRR_DEF_TYPE, &regVal );

// Set the default to WriteBack (0x06)
regVal.LowPart = (regVal.LowPart & ~0xFF) | 0x06;
WRITEMSRREG( IA32_MTRR_DEF_TYPE, regVal );
}

Please respond if you think its enough? also after this can we talk about exobuzz and bigby....im confident they are just witch hunting and I can prove they have this stuff on there site...and know about it....I can prove if you want that when asked I handed these to bigby.....

if not ill leave here and wish you best of luck...ill do what you say but really this is not cricket....Smile and it seems to just be wrong....I wonder if deep down you can see this.....its hard to help when offered impossible situations....in fact its designed to make it impossible Smile

Just to doublecheck before I make the phone call, you're saying that this file:

http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/DRAGON...Source.rar

contains the source code/changes that are required for you to comply with the GPL and your usage of XBMC's code?

You're really going to want to make sure of this.
lol buzz deleted it Smile hehe oh well its designed this way.....you can see it was sent to me as link from his repositiory....and the diff files there....it wont make any difference....I know how it works......we ask the questions and we are not going to play by the rules we laid down...we are just going to use anything we can to stop this and never aswer these rules of our own....maybe im being unfair.....it just seems to be this way to me.....if I hand them to you personally...or upload them to 100 sites would it make you happy to admit they are there....or is this a waste of time...im getting the feeling its a waste of time...your answer is I dont give them out....its an obvious lie and now I have to prove it....its wierd as even if I do...exobuzz will be still not be questioned about lying and about breaches and about his main friends breaking all of these rules....wierd how things work.....

so
A you think I didnt release them?
B do you want them....ive offered here log on and ask so many times....I cant help that sites delete this stuff over time.....
C do you have any intensions to ask about the morals of others based upon some facts that are very obvious here....

you dont have to answer these if you dont want im sure it will jst work the other way....the sources are out I dont control them....ive offered help.....this is a witch hunt im sure....I hope I can talk to Spiff one day about the good old days....for some reason I fell for him Smile once the community loved to be helped....and loved inovation from lots of sources....those days I remember well and loved....I cant help you...you dont want it......the sources will be reposted but if you asked lots have them...im not looking to make sure they live on thohuh the years....
I have a copy of it on my computer. Same question as before.
incase exo deletes them...this is him analysing the changes and posted from his site
http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/xbmc.diff at this very moment....

Index: GUIDialogMediaSource.cpp
===================================================================
--- GUIDialogMediaSource.cpp (revision 11121)
+++ GUIDialogMediaSource.cpp (working copy)
@@ -253,7 +253,7 @@
share1.strPath = "soundtrack://";
share1.strName = "MS Soundtracks";
extraShares.push_back(share1);
- if (g_guiSettings.GetBool("network.enableinternet"))
+ if (g_guiSettings.GetBool("nk.enableinternet"))
{
CShare share3;
share3.strName = "Shoutcast";
Index: FileItem.h
--- FileItem.h (revision 11121)
+++ FileItem.h (working copy)
@@ -280,7 +280,7 @@
int m_iHasLock; // 0 - no lock 1 - lock, but unlocked 2 - locked
int m_iBadPwdCount;
private:
- CStdString GetFolderThumb(const CStdString &folderJPG = "folder.jpg") const;
+ CStdString GetFolderThumb(const CStdString &folderJPG = "folderArt.jpg") const;

bool m_bIsParentFolder;
bool m_bCanQueue;
Index: GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp
--- GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp (revision 11121)
+++ GUIViewStatePicturesProgramsScripts.cpp (working copy)
@@ -78,7 +78,7 @@

CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms::CGUIViewStateWindowPrograms(const CFileItemList& items) : CGUIViewState(items)
{
- if (g_guiSettings.GetBool("filelists.ignorethewhensorting"))
+ if (g_guiSettings.GetBool("extras.ignorethewhensorting"))
AddSortMethod(SORT_METHOD_LABEL_IGNORE_THE, 551, LABEL_MASKS("%K", "%I", "%L", "")); // Titel, Size | Foldername, empty
else
AddSortMethod(SORT_METHOD_LABEL, 551, LABEL_MASKS("%K", "%I", "%L", "")); // Titel, Size | Foldername, empty
Index: LangInfo.cpp
--- LangInfo.cpp (revision 11121)
+++ LangInfo.cpp (working copy)
@@ -237,7 +237,7 @@
pRegion=pRegion->NextSiblingElement("region");
}

- const CStdString& strName=g_guiSettings.GetString("locale.country");
+ const CStdString& strName=g_guiSettings.GetString("le.country");
SetCurrentRegion(strName);
}

@@ -269,7 +269,7 @@
CStdString CLangInfo::GetGuiCharSet() const
{
CStdString strCharSet;
- strCharSet=g_guiSettings.GetString("locale.charset");
+ strCharSet=g_guiSettings.GetString("le.charset");
if (strCharSet=="DEFAULT")
strCharSet=m_currentRegion->m_strGuiCharSet;

Index: GUISettings.h
--- GUISettings.h (revision 11121)
+++ GUISettings.h (working copy)
@@ -14,7 +14,7 @@

// Subtitle colours

-#define SUBTITLE_COLOR_START 0
+#define SUBTITLE_COLOR_START 1
#define SUBTITLE_COLOR_END 5

// CDDA ripper defines
Index: FileItem.cpp
--- FileItem.cpp (revision 11121)
+++ FileItem.cpp (working copy)
@@ -863,7 +863,7 @@
Crc32 crc;
crc.ComputeFromLowerCase("artist" + GetLabel());
CStdString cachedThumb;
- cachedThumb.Format("%s\\%08x.tbn", g_settings.GetMusicArtistThumbFolder().c_str(), (unsigned __int32)crc);
+ cachedThumb.Format("%s\\%08x.jpg", g_settings.GetMusicArtistThumbFolder().c_str(), (unsigned __int32)crc);
return cachedThumb;
}

@@ -872,7 +872,7 @@
Crc32 crc;
crc.ComputeFromLowerCase("profile" + m_strPath);
CStdString cachedThumb;
- cachedThumb.Format("%s\\Thumbnails\\Profiles\\%08x.tbn", g_settings.GetUserDataFolder().c_str(), (unsigned __int32)crc);
+ cachedThumb.Format("%s\\Thumbnails\\Profiles\\%08x.jpg", g_settings.GetUserDataFolder().c_str(), (unsigned __int32)crc);
return cachedThumb;
}

@@ -883,7 +883,7 @@
CStdString hex;
hex.Format("%08x", crc);
CStdString cachedThumb;
- cachedThumb.Format("%s\\%c\\%08x.tbn", g_settings.GetVideoThumbFolder().c_str(), hex[0], (unsigned __int32)crc);
+ cachedThumb.Format("%s\\%c\\%08x.jpg", g_settings.GetVideoThumbFolder().c_str(), hex[0], (unsigned __int32)crc);
return cachedThumb;
}

@@ -894,7 +894,7 @@
CStdString hex;
hex.Format("%08x", crc);
CStdString cachedThumb;
- cachedThumb.Format("%s\\%c\\%08x.tbn", g_settings.GetVideoThumbFolder().c_str(), hex[0], (unsigned __int32)crc);
+ cachedThumb.Format("%s\\%c\\%08x.jpg", g_settings.GetVideoThumbFolder().c_str(), hex[0], (unsigned __int32)crc);
return cachedThumb;
}

@@ -2029,7 +2029,7 @@
CStdString hex;
hex.Format("%08x", crc);
CStdString thumb;
- thumb.Format("%s\\%c\\%s.tbn", g_settings.GetPicturesThumbFolder().c_str(), hex[0], hex.c_str());
+ thumb.Format("%s\\%c\\%s.jpg", g_settings.GetPicturesThumbFolder().c_str(), hex[0], hex.c_str());
return thumb;
}

@@ -2102,7 +2102,7 @@
return "";
I have no idea of the fine print...this is the full sources....without support files and copyright stuff........no xbe or xmv ms lib stuff....can post some new stuff I have on my pc that isnt out yet....but really its just the same code eg skin gui elemnt repeated with a new name so the skin can call it...eg a copy of the same source with a new name.....
Well here is my help to them personally...I didnt have to help under these rules and it makes me wish I didnt....you dont want help...make whatever call you want....I cant help you guys....I truely hope old friends dont act like this....its a no win situation....I offer help you blame...then you support breaking everywhere else....I did lots for this project and I loved it....I hope the people still around that remember under my diff names as this was but one....dont support this stuff and call a spade a spade....I do hope they dont burn help as I wont be giving them any coding help now as I offered below...and the community will think easy things are impossible because of the lack of working together

Xphazer Post subject: 128MB Support..Posted: 30 Oct 2012 07:04
Highscores: 3 I'm trying to find where is the code related to the 128MB support.
Can someone enlighten me into the right direction ?

Dragon Source Code: http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/DRAGO ... Source.rar
Diff: http://www.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/xbmc.diff

XBMC4XBOX 3.2 Stable

BritneysPAIRS Post subject: Re: 128MB Support..Posted: 30 Oct 2012 07:20
Site Admin
Posts: 3194 Great for game launching (was posted to whufclee on your site from mem but cant get pm to check you guys can grab it from my pms theres abit more in there as well)

Enable128MegCaching();

void Enable128MegCaching( void )
{
LARGE_INTEGER regVal;

// Verify that we have 128 megs available
MEMORYSTATUS memStatus;
GlobalMemoryStatus( &memStatus );
if( memStatus.dwTotalPhys < (100 * 1024 * 1024) )
return;

// Grab the existing default type
READMSRREG( IA32_MTRR_DEF_TYPE, &regVal );

// Set the default to WriteBack (0x06)
regVal.LowPart = (regVal.LowPart & ~0xFF) | 0x06;
WRITEMSRREG( IA32_MTRR_DEF_TYPE, regVal );
}
“Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead.”
― Thomas Paine

“The most fatal illusion is the settled point of view. Since life is growth and motion, a fixed point of view kills anybody who has one.”
― Brooks Atkinson

“It does take great maturity to understand that the opinion we are arguing for is merely the hypothesis we favor, necessarily imperfect, probably transitory, which only very limited minds can declare to be a certainty or a truth.”
― Milan Kundera, Encounter

“A mind set in its ways is wasted. Don't do it.”
― Eric Schmidt

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Why I cant win spoken from smarter people than myself......I can leave it there as you arnt interested and you even had this stuff.....im interested to see if a mirror is shone onto the very people promoting this kind of behavour.....im interested to see if others see a different view and even if it would be aloud to be discussed....id be more interested in PMing old friends if they are around even on MSN I remember the days and countless hours thinking of new concepts and ways to improve things and seeing it come to light and I see today very clearly its still based upon that vision and hours spent....and well spent I do say.....
the source in question (which is not deleted and still on my server) is incomplete, and for an earlier version of the project "Dragon". there have been no releases since then, not for Dragon 2, or Vision 1, or Vision 2.

You have also included microsoft copyrighted source with it. the XMV player code cannot be mixed with the GPL code btw. However, more importantly you are not doing source releases, and are being evasive and trying to confuse matters. Just answer the question / provide links to source that matches the current binary releases.
lol there was a reson why I asked for the sources many times and said I dont have them... Smile Vision 2 isnt out and there are changes in it as stated above....xmv isnt connected and im sorry the files where left in by accident but they are not in anyway connected to the GPL code....all the links where removed from the GPL code as well as some of libs to launch xbes....this was an oversite that two files where left in there....most changes in V2 are in the XMV code and the connection to them as you will see from the change list....if you throw DRAGON skin into VISION you will see it boots the same....throw the keymap in as well....anyway you will see soon alot more changes all though the skin engine....the skin engine has alot of power to make everything look totaly different depending on how you use it....it effects the whole GUI experience.....
BritneysPAIRS
Skilled Skinner Smile

When are you going to answer your questions you support people that use GPL code daily and never question them....you dont listen...I helped you guys and gave you the code...you have read the site and many times I said I lost the sources and for V2 id have to rewrite them (You read my forum I said it about 10 times...I asked your guys for them....I said I would have to rewrite them...why would I say this)....you know I did this.....I told you many times I lost the sources and asked for them publically as perople liked VISION so much I wanted to add some more skin elelments for them..... that should have given you a clue I was using the skin engine and support files to change things...you include copyright material on your site and on the front page this is in violation of the GPL....
If I prove any of this stuff would you listen...you know its true...its such a pain spoon feeding you stuff you allready know...calling me a lair when you never answer any questions...bully me and anyone that uses my stuff...log onto a site that kills sites with bulling...has personally..edited photos of me and posted them on there site....logs onto my facebook making me lock it down....ive never seen behavour like the people you support....my site wanted them all gone....and all of them moved from a very popular site because of them and told me to get rid of them...I know they dont like that but they offer no help and just pain...and yes they are here now....

its wierd how I have to spoon feed you guys all the time...that included your preciese download site supporting GPL breaches emuxtras...yet you never answer any questions yourself.....Ive told you im around...I dont log on as other users like your guys do...and when they did I gave them the link to the source.....

I know you will never want to work together...you read my site you know im friends with many dev and this thread is pinned to the top
http://coinopsproject.freeforums.org/do-...t1425.html
People keep asking me for this stuff...I have purposly not targeted XBMC users at all...removed any codecs post years ago...I removed smb....and I didnt add in the movie section...or music section...

I know you will never answer your questions....I know ive answered mine...the quotes above we all fall for.....if you truely wanted help you go by it in a wierd way....you get help from people living on breaking the GPL lience, have a download site with my stuff on it....ban people and scold them for talking about anything I do....and never once listen....or answer very simple questions yourself....

I am not going to say anything more....it would be nice if you answered your questions...log on and talk to me on the live chat anytime....remember you where the one not wanting to work with me....you banned me...if not good luck with your download sites...you supporting GPL breaches daily as your friends....they are bitter because even though they protect there sources there product has been going down due to the work I do....I have offered them help and they all said no...thats there call....they have never offered me anything ever and lock it down.....you support this.....good luck to you and your open source community work...the sources are there...the v2 ones will be there with offending material removed....

I cant say anything more.....its all covered my side....none of it is ever covered your side....ever.....and I know it wont be......you dont want a new vision like the others you are happy with everyone using it the way you want....I know alot are asking for it to be simpler smoother and flasher so I wish to provide them with it.....you wish for them to not see the power behind JMarshalls V2 skin engine....I remember in 2008 that I said somewhere on this forum...right its up to skinners now to do magic....and in 2012 I though it was time...I tried with DRAGON....it didnt really work...kind of had some hope....so I reskinned to VISION and people loved it.....then to upgrade it I realised I have no sources...asked for them then reailiesed I had removed all the offending links....this ment I had to do a days work to redo the sources) then you guys really took notice....in a negative way though....other saw it positivily and the best thing they have seen....ive never hidden the fact that its XBMC and that its due to a team long ago and the skilled coder that in the end made it reality....I dont credit myself on anything I do....im just the end of a chain doing it as a hobby.....

Holy crap, I don't care anymore, just shut up. You're so freaking annoying, no wonder no one wants to deal with you.
What's with all the .... got a keyboard stutter ? Period key busted. Generally sentences should end in periods. That is only one (.) not two (..), not three (...) or four (....) If you want to be taken seriously, write properly and not in clown language.
(2012-12-14, 23:56)Ned Scott Wrote: Holy crap, I don't care anymore, just shut up. You're so freaking annoying, no wonder no one wants to deal with you.

Agreed and thanks to the mod that ended this. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC source code and GPL1