Linux LiveTV help
much time on google and digging for different options has left me stuck

my setup: acer revo 1600 PC, running ubuntu 12.04 w/ frodo. Hauppenage winTV-hvr-950Q usb tuner.

I live in the Toronto (canada) area, my cable provider is Rogers, which essentially means all content is digitally encrypted.

I would like to integrate the ability to watch TV within XBMC.

I think I've learned today that I cannot use tvheadend or any of the other backends (cannot scan any of the channels), I'm trying to find a way to use my existing STB Svideo output and capture the source via my USB tuner and display this inside XBMC via a plugin to launch tvtime. I don't think the livetv module will work unless I set up one of the backends with just one channel, the composite/SVIDEO input on my tuner stick. I'll configure my harmony remote to change channels on the STB and send the # pad input to the STB as well.

Can't seem to make this work. I don't care about the EPG, PVR or other nice features - just want SVIDEO input fullscreen without headaches.

any bright ideas would be appreciated :-)

I know nothing about either Rogers or cable - I merely have to ask why none of the back ends can be used?

Is there any card sharing (of which we will not speak here) that could decode the stream? Or can you decode it and relay it as an IPTV stream, perhaps?
nothing so complex.... i'm ok to keep my set top box and avoid the headache of other "solutions" - just running one of the backends passing through an svideo input is all i need.

after posting this i updated advanced launcher to the latest so it runs on frodo, and was able to launch tvtime as an external app. definitely not seamless and somehow running tvtime and xbmc in parallel causes audio skips & delays.... but partway there.

still would prefer a cleaner solution
the only clean solution with full seamless live tv integration: tvheadend / vdr + oscam + easymouse / smargo - since it's not allowed talking about that here you'll have to start googling with these terms and find the solution by yourself ;-)
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV help0