Poll: Most Stable Protocol and Apple TV Software
Re: Apple TV software, I've seen a fair bit of instability on the latest version, i.e. 5.0.2 (iOS 5.1.1 - 9B830), so likely downgrading within a day or two. Just wondering what version is least likely to cause grief for friends/family/myself. The protocol of choice seems to be NFS.

What's everyone using for their iOS/Apple TV version?

NFS and if they have Mac users they can use NFS Manager (wiki), which is a GUI configuration utility for the built-in NFS software in Mac OS X.
(2012-12-11, 04:55)Ned Scott Wrote: NFS and if they have Mac users they can use NFS Manager (wiki), which is a GUI configuration utility for the built-in NFS software in Mac OS X.

Thanks, ya NFS looks good both for stability and low overhead... only downside is systems going to sleep unless power saving features are disabled or caffeine is used... not exactly zero admin for family members. I'll give it a try though.

What iOS/AppleTV version are you using?
Having tried almost all available from my ATV's to my NAS :

1. NFS - fastest
2. FTP - almost as good
3. SMB - yuck.
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
I have tried only SMB, and it works perfectly. I got three clients; Win7, Mountain Lion, ATV2, and they all work great with all the stuff I have.
(2012-12-11, 20:47)pete_t Wrote: I have tried only SMB, and it works perfectly. I got three clients; Win7, Mountain Lion, ATV2, and they all work great with all the stuff I have.

Any idea on the Apple TV/iOS version you're running?
I think I have 4.4.4
Its 5.0.2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poll: Most Stable Protocol and Apple TV Software0