Win <cleanstrings> regular expression question
Hi all,

Have a question about this feature as it seems like it doesn't work at all (or just for me). Some movies in my videolibrary has a prefix in this format xx - movie name.mkv where xx is a number. When scrapper is trying to find movie name in the database it tries to do exact search and with removed dash, finding nothing it would just skip it. Thinking that with clean string I can easily remove prfix I've created an regexp and add it to my advancedsettings.xml in this way:

<video>
<cleanstrings append="yes">
<regexp>(^[0-9]+)(\ \-\ )</regexp>
</cleanstrings>
</video>

I actually tried a lot of different expressions and nothing works, actually log file suggests that all of them just simply ignored.

Can somebody suggest if this functionality even works, I'm doing something wrong or something else?

Log is available here:
http://pastebin.com/HpwVgQJU

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!
Unfortunately cleanstrings doesn't work that way. It doesn't just remove the part that matches, it removes everything to the right of it as well - which in your case would be the entire string, but there's a safeguard to prevent that happening, which is why your regexp appears to be ignored.
Thanks, I thought so, guess .nfo would be a way to go as they work really good with such titles. Thanks again for the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<cleanstrings> regular expression question0