Hide items from the library that have not sources
Hi

Is there any way to hide items from the library that have not sources?

I have some movies and tv shows on a external hdd, i search the content to library, of course this hdd is not always available and is annoying to see all stuff in a library press and item and see the message to delete from library because not find the item.

This is possible? or is a request to a new feature?

Thanks
Hi mais_um,

Welcome to forums.

When you add source to xbmc you can check "exclude path from library updates".

The content of your hdd will not be added to library but you can still browse content from file view.

Hope this helps.

Regards, burke.
I think he's saying he wants to hide the content when the drive is not connected. XBMC cannot really do this unless you want to remove and readd the videos to the library completely each time you connect/reconnect the drive.
Thanks

Well, i know that, i'm compiling some OpenELEC versions with TBS drivers, i know something.

But i like the pretty thinks we see in the library, the cover and all info. I can put a cover in each folder maybe a movie/TV show info but take to match time, and the worst part of it is this is not for me is to my family that not know allot of User interface if i tell go to an press on movies and see what you cam watch is more easier than go to Videos then go to the Files than go to source external HDD than.... than .... and than if have not the pretty cover, imdb info and other staff is not big deal.

I see this is a wish (feature request) for me...

Best regards
I just remembered there is work being done that will basically let you do something similar, or rather, something that might work for your situation. Basically it uses media stubs (wiki), which are a way to represent media that is not connected to the HTPC. The idea is you can use them for DVDs and Blurays, and when you try to open them they say "please insert disc whatever" or whatever message you want. When you insert the disc it starts playing.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/551

That pull request is about doing this, but with files. So you'd have stubs in the library and select it and it would say "please connect hard drive 1" and when you do it will playback the correct file from hard drive 1. Still being worked on, but hopefully will be merged for XBMC v13.
Smile 
I prefer a more clean library, a kind of dynamic filter per source active,

But is a good idea to ask to put a Media if the library show everything.

Mary Christmas Smile (Where is the Santa Claus Smiles when we need'em )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide items from the library that have not sources0