LOST PARTITIONS AFTER XBMCBUNTU INSTALL
Hi All,

BIG, BIG PROBLEM which I hope someone has a way to help me sort out.

I used to have 3 partitions on my HDD;

300Gb for Windows 7 + XBMC
1TB for Media
100Gb for a XBMCBuntu install

...that is until I installed XBMCBuntu and it seems that it has formatted ALL partitions into one 1.5TB drive leaving me with everything gone.

Please tell me there is a way to fix this? I previously had a Windows 8 install on the 100GB partition so when I installed XBMCBuntu I told it to replace Windows 8, assuming that it would do exactly this, and not also delete my other partitions in the process.

I haven't done anything else with the HDD apart from reboot it.

Any ideas?

Big thanks in advance...

Tim
Unless you're willing to pay big bucks to a data recovery service, you're SOL. Even with data recovery, there's no guarantee you'll get everything (or even close to everything) back. You can always re-install Windows, but hopefully you have a recent backup of your media.

FYI: During installation, you should select the "something else" option so you have better control over which disk/partition you want to use for installing XBMC and the bootloader, and if you want to format the partition.
I had a horrible feeling this was going to be the case, thankfully I have alot of my media and everything else on the windows partition was freeware so apart from having to get all my recent media back it's not as awful as I first feared.

Thanks for the help all the same and NOTE TO SELF...backup backup backup!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LOST PARTITIONS AFTER XBMCBUNTU INSTALL0