Second Hand HP SFF with E8500 + Low profile graphic
Hello
Nearby where I live they sell HP Small Form Factor with E8500 and 2Gb for 130 Euro. I bought one for a try and runs well, silent and smart construction. I bought a Radeon 6450 which turn to be a very bad decision as it is extemelly poor in all respects. I am not even able to configure Grey Scale to "Limited" for my TV.

Now some friends are asking me to assemble some for them to be able to do some gaming besides the XBMC. I am not a gamer player whatsoever. However I have realised that there is a very poor offer in LP Cards.

Any of you can tell me if an E8500 + some LP Card can play games at some non very demanding extend.

Thanks.
You should be able to playback newer games with Intel E8500+AMD HD7750......HD7750 might be the best low profile/low power discrete GPU on the market....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks oracle!! it what I was supecting. It is the most expensive I have found although HD6670 is another choice for 20 bucks less!
I am a bit surprised because nvidia does not have any further than a GT620.

Do you think this computer is able to run nowadays games with an E8500 and HD7750?

I have compared E8500 against a Q8400 in anandtech.com page and surprinsingly it seems that the E8500 is more powerful than the quad core Q8400 !!!! How can this be possible, in my short understanding the Q8400 is a quad core and E8500 is a core2Huh

And my last question. Will it be able to feed this computer power supply enough power to a HD7750? If not sure, how can I check?

Best regards
(2012-12-11, 22:00)jasabel Wrote: Do you think this computer is able to run nowadays games with an E8500 and HD7750?
Yes.....HD7750 use less power and more powerful than HD6670. Here is the comparision- Radeon HD 6670 (OEM) vs Radeon HD 7750....

I'm not sure what PSU you have in your case. If you have 250W or bigger in it, it should be enough......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Second Hand HP SFF with E8500 + Low profile graphic0