Acer L320
Hello Smile

First off, XBMC is GREAT!!!!!!! Big Grin

I have a Acer Aspire L320 (SPECS) that has a Core 2 duo 2.0 GHz processor, 2GB ram, Intel 946GZ + ICH7-DH and Intel GMA 3000 graphics adapter (Integrated into chipset i think).
I have now installed windows 8 on it, installed all the drivers and XBMC, it does NOT play 1080p content flawlessly and barely 720p content.

Is it possible to get this computer to flawlessly play 1080p content? It has a free Mini-PCI-E slot, so i can fit a crystal HD card, how is this under windows ? (7 or 8, i have istalled windows 8 on it now) or is not necessary with a crystal HD card , just some driver problems etc ?

I think the graphics adapter on this machine is the weak part, is this assumption correct ?

Best Regards

If you can live without the onboard wireless adapter you should be able to hardware decode 720p and 1080p content by adding a Crystal HD card.
(2012-12-12, 00:57)gnr00 Wrote: Hello Smile

First off, XBMC is GREAT!!!!!!! Big Grin

I have a Acer Aspire L320 (SPECS) that has a Core 2 duo 2.0 GHz processor, 2GB ram, Intel 946GZ + ICH7-DH and Intel GMA 3000 graphics adapter (Integrated into chipset i think).
I have now installed windows 8 on it, installed all the drivers and XBMC, it does NOT play 1080p content flawlessly and barely 720p content.

Is it possible to get this computer to flawlessly play 1080p content? It has a free Mini-PCI-E slot, so i can fit a crystal HD card, how is this under windows ? (7 or 8, i have istalled windows 8 on it now) or is not necessary with a crystal HD card , just some driver problems etc ?

I think the graphics adapter on this machine is the weak part, is this assumption correct ?

Best Regards

Hi gnr00, I have a similar PC configuration and I am considering upgrading from XP to Windows 8. Right now XBMC works perfectly with both 1080 and 720 content.

Was your problem solved? Did it work for you earlier and it has stopped working properly after upgrading to Windows 8? If yes, then Win8 may be putting a lot of load on the integrated graphics and I wouldn't want to upgrade if that is the case. So please let me know.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer L3200