A Video Scraper Addon for Humax Foxsat DVR files
thanks Matt   i think i have similar Custom firmware  i was just loath to try it  in case i made matters worse,  but i think its worth a shot.   if you have had  similar experience and managed to fix it,  thats a good thing.

on mine its a utility called sidecar,  which rebuilds the files,  as both of us have or had humax boxes  then we would probably be using code to do this from 1 original source..tweaked for the OS and disk format on the box

many thanks for responding  i think you are potentially the only guy on the internet who still responds to the mails he gets from very old posts

i once wrote a program in fortran 86 about 35 years ago.    it worked, but it also illustrated that i should concentrate on infrastructure and general IT,   not coding.   My lecturer basically hinted that i had enough difficulty with English never mind any other language ...cheeky 

... your script certainly impressed me, it works great in most cases

Cheers

Dave
(2020-09-11, 10:18)dave999 Wrote: thanks Matt   i think i have similar Custom firmware  i was just loath to try it  in case i made matters worse,  but i think its worth a shot.   if you have had  similar experience and managed to fix it,  thats a good thing.

on mine its a utility called sidecar,  which rebuilds the files,  as both of us have or had humax boxes  then we would probably be using code to do this from 1 original source..tweaked for the OS and disk format on the box

many thanks for responding  i think you are potentially the only guy on the internet who still responds to the mails he gets from very old posts

i once wrote a program in fortran 86 about 35 years ago.    it worked, but it also illustrated that i should concentrate on infrastructure and general IT,   not coding.   My lecturer basically hinted that i had enough difficulty with English never mind any other language ...cheeky 

... your script certainly impressed me, it works great in most cases

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Just back after a weekend away. Firstly - I've had a better look back through my script and it looks like it searches for the HMT files, and then builds up the symlinks and .nfo based on that info. There's a possibility that the HMTs on your Freeview box are "orphaned" or don't refer to the files correctly for some reason. I've logged into my box and the utility that I use to rebuild the HMTs is called "fixfilepaths". From memory I think you could move the TS file anywhere, run on the utility and it would build a HMT file for you. I remember doing this a few times when I'd corrected the file structure on my box, i.e. when a new "series" folder was created when they'd named a series with a prefix "New:" as seems to be the current trend.

Again from memory, I think that if the script finds any files not within a directory, is assumes them as "oneoffs" and puts the symlink is a "oneoffs" directory. I found this as the least worst option for recorded movies etc.

Like you said - if your file structure is different, then change the script to suit. I'd use
Code:
cd "media/My Video"
rather than
Code:
cd media/'My Video'
but if it works for you then all good. Just make sure you search/replace to ensure that you're changing all instances.

The bit that you were saying about FTP. Not sure if you're actually copying via FTP, or using FTP as a file source in Kodi? The latter would work, but copying via FTP I'm not so sure.

Anyway, hope that all helps a bit.

Matt.
Hi Matt,

Thank you so much for sharing your script, I realise that I'm very late to the party and that you perhaps don't use your Humax Foxsat HDR so much but just to let you know I think your script is a really great idea, particularly how you create the separate directory structure and then add symbolic links, meaning none of the original file recordings are modified. 

I have been streaming from my Foxsat HDR (with custom f/w)  for many years to various players and recently I tried Kodi on an Android smart TV (Kodi  19.3 matrix) and haven't looked back.
 So for the first few months I was quite happy using Kodi for playing movies and then I started to read about populating the Movie library. The aim was to get some nice artwork, ratings and synopsis viewable from the TV rather than reaching for the imdb app on my phone to remind me of what I recorded and whether it was rated any good. 
I was looking for options to present the Foxsat files in a more Kodi friendly format which is when I came across your Script. There seems to have been a bit of development for the HDR-FOX T2 custom f/w but I couldn't find anything for the FOXSAT HDR custom f/w itself. 

Your script successfully got the library populated using the .nfo's that it creates and includes the synopsis which is nice, but I couldn't find a way for the Kodi Scraper to 1st check the online db and if not found fall back to the .nfo I only got the Kodi Scraper to use the online db info if the .nfo was not present, the symbolic link name you use (from the hmt Title) was enough for Kodi Scraper to retrieve the online info in most cases.
 I'm guessing the Kodi Scrapers for movies (and TV shows) have changed a lot since you first wrote the script (or maybe I missed an option or  it's just different for Kodi on Android TV), so for Movies I think in most cases the .nfo files aren't needed especially if the movie is appended with the year and even without the year you can 'refresh' from Kodi to choose the correct movie.

So you have inspired me to do some coding and I have taken your script and have modified it to work a bit differently:
- Default is now not to create the nfo 
- For Movies/Oneoffs I have added a search for a "valid" year and if found to append it to the symbolic link name. 
- Changed the naming for Series episodes to append SnnEnn 
All the options; Year, create nfo, SnnEnn can be specified and overridden by the user.
I've added lots of explanations/instructions in the comments at the top of the script.

Would you be brave enough to give it a go ? or anyone else here interested ?

I've posted the script on hummy.tv forum: FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware, given that the custom f/w is a prerequisite and if there is enough interest who knows maybe get it included in the custom f/w package.

Best Regards, 
Jon.
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your kind words - it's great that you've found some use out of my script. A lot of my scripting stuff is from Googling and a bit of applied knowledge so I'm glad that you've been able to take it and develop it further.

I've had to read the thread back to jog my memory, but I think there was a quirk in Kodi whereby it would read some info from the file's accompanying .nfo, but also additionally scrape some other info from online sources. I think this worked for movies etc. but not 100% sure.

I also seem to remember deciding not to try and obtain some info from the HMT files (e.g. series/episode number, year etc) as the Freesat EPG info was very inconsistent. Looks like you've found a way to cover that though.

Unfortunately I've recently retired my Foxsat box and moved fully to HDHomerun / TVHeadend with Kodi. I'd love to see the script though. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it here.

All the best, Matt.
Hi Matt, 

Thanks for the reply, I've sent the script, it's got a bit long mainly 'cos I separated out the processing of Movies & Series so there's a bit of duplication and lots of logging for debugging.

I'm really loving how I can now view the Movie library with all the artwork and info on my TV even when the Foxsat-HDR (located in another room) is off, some movies I've recorded are so old I can't remember recording them so seeing them afresh with artwork and synopsis reminds me why I recorded them in the first place.
The stuff I did for the Series SnnEnn was a bit of an afterthought, as you say the EPG info is very inconsistent so there is no searching, just a default numbering with the option to override, still I learnt all about .nfo files.
 Interesting to hear what you have moved on to. I'll have to take a look at HDHomerun / TVHeadend. 
Although I have bought newer / faster PVR devices, the Foxsat-HDR (with custom f/w inc. Remote Scheduling) remains the most versatile, so I know at some point I'll have to decide whether to replace or repair.

Happy Christmas, Jon

example log...

==============================================
hmt_filename            Spider-Man_ Far from Home_20211217_1930.hmt
hmt_Title               Spider-Man: Far from Home
hmt_Flags               New,Converted,
hmt_Title (validated)   Spider-Man Far from Home
hmt_Synopsis_year       [2019]
hmt_Title               Spider-Man Far from Home (2019)
symlink_dir             /media/Video/.KodiTV_temp/Oneoffs/Spider-Man Far from Home (2019)
symlink_name            Spider-Man Far from Home (2019).ts
symlink_target          /media/Video/Spider-Man_ Far from Home_20211217_1930.ts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Video Scraper Addon for Humax Foxsat DVR files0