WIP Help for my first HTPC
Hello!

Here an 20 years old Mac user wants to switch to a custom HTPC linux based to play and enjoy XBMC. I used for years XBMC on old XBOX but it's time to upgrade. My wife's computer is an old iMac and it's starting to getting old. I won't buy a new imac (with no DVD players...hmm are the '90 back againHuh) so I'm getting interest in build a cool HTPC.

But I got a problem: I'm noob outside apple world. Okay I modded the xbox to play XBMC but this is different.

Xmas time is coming! Do you think I can build the HTPC and put it under the XMas Tree ?

Here my requests.

My wife uses the computer into the kitchen to play movie, DVD, mp3 and surf www (so, no games) so my idea is to base it on linux ( Ubuntu) and XBMC.

I love the Nexux Plise 10B White case. But the white one is out of stock ( Doh!) so I'll use the black one and I'll print an adesive PVC cover by myself.

The case include a Panasonic UJ-845 DVD

I want keep the HTPC cool and silent so i want to use an SSD HD

As monitor I would like to try a Samsung 22" TV like the UE-22ES5410 but I accept suggestions

Can you help me on other ingredients ? Juas as starting... what kind of MB and core ?

Let's play! Big Grin

What do you think about this one ? INTEL LGA1155 DH67CFB3

Please I don't want talk about Apple here. I'm an old Apple user but I won't buy it anymore. I just want build an HTPC. Sorry Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help for my first HTPC0