Live TV DVB-S2
HI.

Bit of a newb to this malarky so please be gentle.
i think this is the right section to ask this.

I'm looking to distribute a live TV feed to various XBMC clients.

i already have a Synology NAS +SB +SAB which acts as my PVR and plays very nicely with XBMC clients.
So at this point im not looking for the headend server to have any PVR functions.
I only need it to take a live SAT feed and pass it to several XBMC clients.

I'm in Europe and using an old Sky dish with two feeds, one of which is plugged into a Humax freesatHD (not PVR version).

My questions are.

1. is one Headend more suited for Live TV irrespective of PVR ?
2. Do i need a separate feed into the headend for each XBMC client ?
3. do any of the headends work with XBOX/PS3 as well as XBMC

cheers in advance.....
Cid.

Not sure I'm answering your questions properly, but some food for thought... multiple clients talking to one backend... how would they select different channels, when they all have to ask the same backend? The problem you have is that the backend can only be talking to one channel (or one mux/space segment, anyway) - it's effectively a single tuner, then, even if you have multiple cards installed. Unless one of the many backend applications can handle multiple channels on multiple tuners, so that's the feature you're looking for.

As an aside, tvheadend works nicely for me on my 211+, although DVB-S support is rotten in V4L in general in my experience (you don't have a wide range of USB choices, and many of those don't have built-in kernel drivers).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV DVB-S20