[SOLVED] Cannot get audio to work
I've never had trouble getting audio to work on a media player, until now. I am running windows 7 and XBMC player doesn't seem to want to play sound.

Now it seems to be trying to output audio to a different device than all my other windows apps.

To the left is XBMC which as you can see shows green (meaning it's playing). However I cannot hear anything. To the right is the other device which works and plays sound.

I've tried playing with all sorts of settings in the mixer and within XBMC. Nothing. So how can I get the player to use the device which actually outputs audio??

Using XBMC 12 for Windows RC1

update:

When I link the player to the device that works with other windows apps, it still creates a seperate mixer. WTF
Welcome to the forums.

Please take a few minutes and visit the stickies at the top of this forum and avail yourself to the search function here.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
A complete shot in the dark, but do you have Realtek installed along with another sound driver like Nvidia Hi Definition? I had that problem until I switched to Nvidia in XBMC, then all worked, Realtek didnt seem to work. Also I noticed that some cable options dont work with all movies, HDMI worked for 90% of my movies but a few required changing that in the OSD to work.

EDIT: Opps, sorry thrak76 you posted just before me
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
No real tek installed.
I don't know if this seems like it's on the OS level, but I can't get the player to use the same device as other windows stuff. When I do it just creates a seperate device that remains silent. I can't seem to figure it out using any of the searches, stickies, or wikis
I seem to have solved the issue. I disabled a device and got the player set to the default windows device (FINALLY)
XBMC uses the device you tell it to use, regardless of the Windows default device.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Cannot get audio to work 0