• 4(current)
Watched/unwatched flag
this is nice... it may actually be able to replace the ram (recently added media) screen which never worked very well.

it would be cool to be able to have a new screen that we could link from the main screen to show a list (or icons) of unwatched movies.

this way no need to navigate an entire library or switch view for guests... just start xbmc and choose "new movies" (or whatever you name it on your screen).

lots of potential... could even start recording the last date watched and number of times watched... then you could do the a "most watched" and a "least watched" screen.

btw... kraqh3d,
any chance you know of if we will be getting overlays? it would definitely be nice in cases like this where i'd like to have a color overlay or a small image next to the text instead of needing to put a [w] (which is a good alternative).

guys... seriously, nice work!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
definently on the overlays, i'm doing a small checkbox, but a colored overlay would be no problem. i have it displaying the overlay, but i'm having a little bit of trouble putting the correct overlay on the correct movie. (give me some timeSmile

thanks for you comments.
@affini
Quote:it would be cool to be able to have a new screen that we could link from the main screen to show a list (or icons) of unwatched movies.
i was thinking of that too. it would be trivial to allow the db windows to take an argument of "all", "watched", or "unwatched" so that it can open with a specific the show mode. your "unwatched movies" window could be as easy as using xbmc.activatewindow(myvideotitles, unwatched) in a button or the submenu.

Quote:lots of potential... could even start recording the last date watched and number of times watched... then you could do the a "most watched" and a "least watched" screen.
yes, but that has nothing to do with the current watched status. if you read thru the thread, it was decided that the watched status be made manual. those options would require it be automated which leads into the question: how far into a title is it actually considered "watched"?

Quote:btw... kraqh3d,
any chance you know of if we will be getting overlays? it would definitely be nice in cases like this where i'd like to have a color overlay or a small image next to the text instead of needing to put a [w] (which is a good alternative).
no, thats why i added that alternative for now.

@Mercury
Quote:i prefered having the all/watched/unwatched status a global setting, but i'll make a setting so users can select that and put it in the my video section later (not a major concern) (if anyone else has an opinion on this let us know)
a setting for this is a good idea. i want them seperate for the exact example i described earlier. if i'm going into genre's, its to find a movie to suit a particular mood. and i typical would want to see all the movies which fit that genre.

each window has an "if" in gui_msg_clicked for the show mode button. just need to update all four settings instead of the local one when that global option is enabled.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(kraqh3d @ oct. 14 2005,23:58 Wrote:and since overlays dont exist as yet, i added a little visual identifier when in "all videos" view -- the title will have [w] on the end to mark its been watched.  if its too distracting it can be removed.
no please don't remove it! so in fact i will see the w on the movies that are watched when the settings are on show all? that is almost a flag! no, it is a flag... but a flag for only one person, but anyway, i prefer marking in show all list than having a special list for watched.

anyway, now that it is in cvs, can i hope i can see it in action soon?
if its too annoying (i dont care actually) with the [w] at the end of the title, how difficult would it be to place it in the movie info screen say scrolling across the bottom.

"last accessed: date" or "this media has not yet been accessed"
any cvs build after mid afternoon yesteraday should have it.

just to be safe, look for one built today.

i'm about 90% done with the overlay idea you guys gave me, so we can remove the [w] after its done, but i have some questions for you guys.

if i were to integrate multiple users into this it wouldn't support multiple overlays. since they will just show watched or not (checkbox checked for watched checkbox open for not watched).

my thoughts on the multi users would be to allow adding of "categories" which could be names or things like "tv", whatever. you would still mark things as watched or unwatched, but the all video screen would allow you to add videos to different categories. (it would function alot like the idea behind the genre section, but be user defined)

get me some thoughts and ideas so i can get you what you want. (specificaly jerrySmile but all sugestions are welcome)
you mena profile sensative?
negative on the profiles. jerry wants to make it user specific, but xbmc doesn't have users, so the next best thing would be to add categories and name the categorys "user 1" and "user 2" and so on. so basicaly the watched unwatched button would function something like this: "all videos"->"unwatched"->"watched"->"user 1" ->"user 2"

(show all videos, show unwatched videos, show watched videos, show movies marked with user 1, show all movies marked with user 2)

maybe i'll do a mock up.

i'm mostly asking for descriptions of how you would like to see it (since i'm not sure the best way to do it myself)
i agree that basing it on users would be the absolute best way to do this, but perhaps this project has lead to another project at this point. actually create users for xbmc, in my opinion the project has evolved far enough that it would be a nice feature at this point and would properly add users to the watched/unwatched content feature as well. just something else to consider.

regards,
los93sol
i tried a fresh build today to see what you had cooking but to no avail the submenus for videos were screwed... everything offered me a delete option. clicked settings from within video and get an are you sure you wish to delete dialog. scared the hell right out of me.

i will point out a point jm and g are very fond of bringing up about how this is not an operating system, bringing in user settings is really pushing twords os, next thing you'll be having user set skins and password logins.......
all i can sugest there, is to do a clean build with the default skin in a different folder (maybe e:\apps\xbmctest is where i usualy test it out). also, backup your tdata and udata folders and delete them. sometimes crap get stuck in them (but not usulay) when you are upgrading to a new version in the cvs.

one other thing to check, i know it may sound funny, but make sure you are in the title, actor, genre, or years view. it doesn't work in the file view. (i don't mean to talk down to anyone, but some people don't use the other views, they are happy with the way the file view works and so they don't know to use them)

hope that helps. if not, let me know what else you've tried and maybe provide some screen shots.
(mercuryinc @ oct. 15 2005,23:19 Wrote:negative on the profiles.  jerry wants to make it user specific, but xbmc doesn't have users, so the next best thing would be to add categories and name the categorys "user 1" and "user 2" and so on.  so basicaly the watched unwatched button would function something like this: "all videos"->"unwatched"->"watched"->"user 1" ->"user 2"

(show all videos, show unwatched videos, show watched videos, show movies marked with user 1, show all movies marked with user 2)

maybe i'll do a mock up.

i'm mostly asking for descriptions of how you would like to see it (since i'm not sure the best way to do it myself)
hm, firstly i am sorry there are no users in xbmc. that would make a great use, make user for kids so they have only cartoons, for wife with soap operas and for us, you know what :thumbsup: but i guess making users digs to deep into the xbmc concept. so as it is now, i am ok with the idea of the user 1, user 2 as a category. but why is there in the menu still the watched and unwatched? aren't the user 1 and user 2 to show only unwatched movies? whose movies will unwatched menu option show?

is there any way to make flags, as you will make graphics overlay now, so every file would be able to carry 3 flags. one for me, one for wife and one for kid. each flag would have a different colour, like blue, green and red. so before any file there could be any or all of the 3 flags set. you would set them by using the menu and have set blue, set red and set green. family member would have to know what colour he/she has :-) that was you would not need to play around with the options but would have flags by the files as [w] is now. the obvious dissadvantige i see is there could be a limited amount of flags (like 3) and your use with categories would have unlimited amounts of them. but setting with the categorries and then going back if i want all of the files again i am not very comfortable with. because the dissadvantage of flags is 3 users max (if possible?) but then again how many family members do we have? 10?

just my idea, you don't have to take it. i hope i was clear enough, as i am not native english speaker, i am from slovenia. my idea is like windows file system with flags, you also have archive bit and some others and you see it in explorer.

but if that is not wise or possible, your idea of users if good and certanly more than i have now :-) but user 1 would mean watched for user 1? why have the "watched option" then, for whom? if watched files are in different categories :-)

thanx for making my dream come true. well ok, it is not a life dream but yes, i am hardly waiting for the new cvs with it...
mecuryinc,

great work btw! (i must admit i haven't gotten around to actually testing yet though Smile)

with overlay, i assume you mean an overlay on the thumbs. how did you implement this, ie is it general (put into cguithumb or whatever the class is called) or is it just special code that would only work for what you're using it for?

the reason i'm asking, is that i've some plans of my own that include overlays, but i never got around to actually adding it.. perhaps i can be lazy and leech off somebody elses code once again Smile
@Mercury,

fyi... i'm in the midst of making cimdbmovie a member of cfileitem, like how for music items, m_musicinfotag is a member. this will give the video db windows access to the db information all the time, and not just during the cfileitem creation.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i to can confirm context menu madness... settings = delete & delete = i think its rename.

resorting back to 14-10-05 cvs as its a nightmare at the moment. i tried to view cvs 'list' but does not look like all files patched were logged on forge so did not know where to look for watched/unwatched patched .cpp files relating to the context menu issue.

still a nice feature though Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched/unwatched flag0