Determining CVS version and update times
been using xmbc for a while now... quiet lurker, but due to an increase in time (better job, more money and less time required to make the money) i've decided to become "active" in xbmc... not quite a pizza and cheezy programming wiz... but i've done a bit. hopefully in a while i'll be able to help out from a programming aspect.

just starting retreiving the xbmc source via the anon cvs using wincvs... i'm currently on the east coast canada (toronto area) gmt-5, i read in a previous post that sf is on the west coast (gmt-8). is that correct? what time does the cvs update nightly? what time is the earliest that a guru could logon the anon cvs and receive the latest updates...

also is their a "version control" number or internal dev build number that is updated.... i noticed after compiling it just says 'cvs build" ... were as the a binary for instance as a date ref for a ver num.... just basically looking to sync my idea or timeframe with a "proper" version....

so for instance, if i download the cvs @ 03:01 est feb 14th(3am saturday), i would be technically downloading any updates as of 23:59hrs on thursday? making my cvs build 2004-02-13?

corrections?
there really is no set time. usually 5 hours apart.

so, maybe 12, 5, 10, etc..

but it updates multiple times a day.

as for modifying the build string, that is in strings.xml for your language.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer,

thx for the quick reply, so basically what would be the "best" time of day to update my local cvs from sf? say for instance i chose 3am est for my cvs update time... what would the "real version / date" of my build be.... i would imagine that would assist when it comes to report any bugs etc... or assisting other users.

correct?
i dunno when the best time of day. there is almost always changes with each update.

when reporting bugs, just say you are using the latest anonymous cvs. so, before you do a bug report, just sync up and make sure you are using latest synced, and that is good enough Smile

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Determining CVS version and update times0