Windows quickest channel change?
Hi guys, wondering if anyone has tried all the single seat PVR options for windows and could tell me which one provided the quickest channel change times? At the moment I'm using media portal atm but channel change times can be up to 10 seconds or so which really drags down the experience.
Not sure if it helps, but I use the VU plus addon and channel change times are approx 4 seconds..would still like this to be much faster like you say to get the experience of using a set top box but no idea if this will be possible. Also missing features such as a quickepg so you can browse what is on TV like a sky box whilst watching the current channel and change over if needed. My hopes are that once Frodo is complete the developers will start working on improvements in the PVR area.

One last thing, I think my PVR experience speeded up when I changed from using the Xperience 1080 skin to the Aeon Nox 4.0 skin...it may be in my head but everything seems a lot quicker.
I am using XBMC Frodo Beta 3 with DVBviewer as TV Server at the moment. Switching time between channels is approx. 2 to 3 seconds. Picture is great and everything works fast and stable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows quickest channel change?0