Frodo screen saver setting
I use the slide show screen saver and since moving to Frodo it appears that the amount of time for each image has been significantly restricted. The maximum amount of time you can display each image is now only 10 seconds. In previous versions I had this set to 120 seconds (two minutes).

Can this be changed somewhere in a xml file to over ride what is available in the interface?

Thanks
I've found the file guisettings.xml is where the display time is kept.

I've done some testing on my machine but I'm still using Eden.

Close XBMC, then edit the file

look for this part

Code:
<slideshow>
        <displayeffects>true</displayeffects>
        <shuffle>false</shuffle>
        <staytime>100</staytime>
    </slideshow>

The most time I can set is 100 anything higher than this will be overridden when xbmc is closed the next time it is launched.

In your case this could then default back to the maximum of 10 seconds, but you could test it and see how you get on.

Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

It took awhile to circle back to this but I found guisettings.xml and <staytime> was already at 60 in my file. But, images where changing much faster. I've changed it to 100 and we'll see if it does anything.

Thanks.
So, I made this change and the images are still changing every 10 seconds. There must be a setting somewhere else as well.

Anyone have an idea?
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.
long story short, i wasn't aware you could change the time per image in Eden,
as there was no such option under the screensaver settings.

i added a setting for it in Frodo as i thought it was a nice thing to have.

only now, after reading this thread, i realize in Eden it was actually using
the time setting that was configured in the picture slideshow settings.

i'll add it to my list of things to look into ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-12-29, 04:20)ronie Wrote: long story short, i wasn't aware you could change the time per image in Eden,
as there was no such option under the screensaver settings.

i added a setting for it in Frodo as i thought it was a nice thing to have.

only now, after reading this thread, i realize in Eden it was actually using
the time setting that was configured in the picture slideshow settings.

i'll add it to my list of things to look into ;-)

ah! Maybe I'm confusing the new "screen saver" setting with the old "picture slideshow" setting. I'm going to have to have a look again.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo screen saver setting0