AMD FX-6300 Vishera vs AMD A8-5600K
I am building my HTPC and I am trying to get something that is current and usable for some good gaming as well.
I decided to get a CPU AMD A8-5600K.

I just found out that for approx $10 more I can get an AMD FX-6300 that has a CPU benchmark of 6369 vs 4534 of the A8-5600K. I know I will probably spend more also on motherboard. My dilemma is that I am building something to last and to be performing well for the next 4-5 years.
What ya'll think? Any Pro and Cons I should be aware of?
Thanks in advance
The main difference is the GPU unit. In Trinity (5600k) GPU is integrated in the CPU, Vishera (FX-6300) hasn't got GPU.
So if your are going to use discrete GPU you can go for FX-6300, otherwise buy Trinity APU.
Personally if you want a PC for some good gaming that will last 4-5 years, I wouldn't be going with either of those processors. You would be better off with an i5 paired with a good GPU for some decent gaming.
(2012-12-14, 16:26)Malosar Wrote: Personally if you want a PC for some good gaming that will last 4-5 years, I wouldn't be going with either of those processors. You would be better off with an i5 paired with a good GPU for some decent gaming.

+1.

Either Intel CPU + discrete GPU or AMD APU (and live with the limitations) for HTPC gaming.
(2012-12-14, 18:48)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Either Intel CPU + discrete GPU or AMD APU (and live with the limitations) for HTPC gaming.

Don't have to live with any limitations.... It is good idea to buy AMD APU, it is quite powerful CPU and it's GPU is not so bad (I play many games on Trinity A8 without any limitations). If he find integrated GPU not good enough (after months or years) he can easly upgrade system by adding discrete GPU.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD FX-6300 Vishera vs AMD A8-5600K0