2 part movies (NOT STACKING)
Okay so here's the scoop, I've searched through all the forums to unfortunately no avail. I have stacking working just fine, this question is nearly the opposite of stacking...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)

In my library I have a single movie file than contains BOTH halves, as one continuous 19GB 1080p BR Rip.

SO, my question is, how do I properly name this one file to accurately notify XBMC that it contains both halves of the movie, basically I would like XBMC to see it as "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and the date to show "2010 & 2011". Is there a way to modify the "plot" as well? I know how (in theory) to modify the poster and background images, so I'm good as far as that goes.

I don't like two part movies so upon ripping them I always combine them.

Thanks in advance for any reply I just started using XBMC about two weeks ago and am still learning Big Grin
By default, XBMC stacks using a 4 capture regexp that picks up the title, volume, ignore, and extension. The default regexps have the ignore being anything after the volume and before the extension. Thus, the (2010) and (2011) bits are ignored, and the rest matches, so they stack down.

A couple simple fixes:

1. Make stuff before the "Part 1" different.
2. Pop them in separate folders.
3. Modify the default regexps so that the "extension" includes the year number portion.

The second seems the easiest. The first is pretty easy as well.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Are you saying you have a single file on your hard drive, or you see a single entry in the library?

They are 2 separate movies so it really needs to be 2 separate files and 2 separate entries in the library. If you have 2 separate files, remove the part x from them and scan them into your library again.
Sorry to clear things up I have one single file on the hard drive.

In the library it automatically shows up as the Part 1. And thus the 'plot' mentions something along the lines of "Part one of the epic..." (paraphrasing).

I would LIKE to be able to edit all fields of the information which hath been downloaded to a 'plot' that I write, manually combining the two. Make some 'poster art' of the movie that shows both part one and two, or no parts at all, and adjust the film's title to what I wish.

I hear there is possibility of making such customizations into a .nfo file and include that in the folder, perhaps this would be an appropriate route?

Also sorry for the late reply I'm still trying to figure out how to "follow" this post with emails sent for each reply...
The only way to do this if 2 movies are combined into one file is to have a soft-link (symlink) or similar pointing at the file for the "second" file. Even if you do this, both will start at the first part when you play them.

Personally I'd just split the file - save all that hassle.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I know, but I'd really rather just have one continuous playing file, and only one instance in the library :/
I'd just edit the information in the database using something like AWXI (web interface - install using the add-on manager).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 part movies (NOT STACKING)0