• 14(current)
Release Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows
Viki on Kodi.

I appreciate Viki addon and was getting some display issue in video lists and also script failures on Kodi. The script failures I see are due to the APP_LAUNCH sub not providing for kodi.log nor "Starting Kodi" and versionNumber = 14 (for Kodi).

The display problem is two part:

In UpdatedVideos sub where the vname is set and sent to xbmcgui it has a replace of
Code:
'
it seems like maybe there is a change but what is coming in is
Code:
& # 39 ; (sorry forum code forces xlate without the spaces)
(same thing obviously) so I just added that. Then where the page name pname is set I get
Code:
→
and
Code:
←
so I added those .replace as well and now so far all is well. (This actually is a problem in Gotham too not just Kodi).

Edit: also have a problem in titles with
Code:
"
same fix.

thanks again.

scott s.
could you also please make an addon for sensen.tv?

i personally think that it is one of the best site for kdrama HD streaming
(2015-01-02, 10:08)azri5678 Wrote: could you also please make an addon for sensen.tv?

i personally think that it is one of the best site for kdrama HD streaming

thanks for the info I added sensen tv to my dramago addon. it's listed as Korean Drama HD.

scott
I fixed the applaunch issue with kodi for the viki addon as well
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
Big Grin 
Dknight, Error: failure viki script .... if you can fix would be grateful. thank you
(2015-01-15, 20:25)nagai72 Wrote: Dknight, Error: failure viki script .... if you can fix would be grateful. thank you

DKnight,

It seems Viki tries to block unofficial application. When the python script calls viki api, it returns 403 - forbidden. I created a mini python script just to call their API, I got the same error 403 - forbidden. If I call the API through my web browser, it returns JSON result. I wonder what is the difference between python httplib post vs regular web browser.
Hi DKnight,

I found that the problem is with 403 - Forbidden error. Viki is trying to validate the user agent in the http header. I injected

req = urllib2.Request(url)
req.add_unredirected_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0')

for each API call, it returns JSON data now. I hope you can integrate it with your next release.
(2015-01-16, 22:58)e88z4 Wrote: Hi DKnight,

I found that the problem is with 403 - Forbidden error. Viki is trying to validate the user agent in the http header. I injected

req = urllib2.Request(url)
req.add_unredirected_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0')

for each API call, it returns JSON data now. I hope you can integrate it with your next release.

Will do, thanks for figuring it out
thanks for add-on I'm having problems, (Failure of the script) I appreciate your support for the problem solution
ok, I pushed an update should be working now
hi, just downloaded the viki add-on and it works. but on some videos I get this error message "Error Script failed!: Viki".
experienced it on Episodes 10-13 of Healer but Episodes 1-9 are okay. problem with the video itself? thanks in advance
(2015-01-20, 07:45)kojima Wrote: hi, just downloaded the viki add-on and it works. but on some videos I get this error message "Error Script failed!: Viki".
experienced it on Episodes 10-13 of Healer but Episodes 1-9 are okay. problem with the video itself? thanks in advance

site says those episode is not available in your region so i guess it's blocked. Normally I say to just enable the proxy setting i have in the addon but the proxy server i'm using changed so I need to update the code for it.
(2015-01-21, 01:35)dknlght Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 07:45)kojima Wrote: hi, just downloaded the viki add-on and it works. but on some videos I get this error message "Error Script failed!: Viki".

site says those episode is not available in your region so i guess it's blocked. Normally I say to just enable the proxy setting i have in the addon but the proxy server i'm using changed so I need to update the code for it.

at first all the videos were blocked. enabled the proxy setting in the addon then I can watch most videos. just had a problem with some videos like the ones I mentioned. I will just wait for the update. thanks for the swift response.
Please fix the proxy server your using thanks sir dknlght Smile Thank you very much!
(2015-01-21, 05:22)kojima Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 01:35)dknlght Wrote:

at first all the videos were blocked. enabled the proxy setting in the addon then I can watch most videos. just had a problem with some videos like the ones I mentioned. I will just wait for the update. thanks for the swift response.

Ok i updated the proxy sites. if you choose the England proxy the those episodes should work now. I don't know why they allow the US to watch episode 1-9 but not 10 and up seems kind of silly to me.
I just added your repo to addon but viki is marked as incompatible. I have the helix version. Can you hel? I'm totally new to this.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows4