• 2(current)
Release Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows
Hello. I installed this script 1.02 but can't get it working.

Frodo 12.0 release version on Win 7 x64

It creates the url to the viki .mp4 and starts streaming but it seems like as soon as DVDPlayer starts rendering it exits playback with a popup "playback failed". I also notice the thumbnail that is requested doesn't get returned but that of course ins no biggie. I'm a noob on streaming into XBMC so don' really know what to look for unfortunately.

Log is here:
http://pastebin.com/F1N2BKTp

viki addon starts around line 700 / 15:36:00

Any ideas?

BTW drama crazy script is working well thanks for that.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2013-03-11, 04:18)scott967 Wrote: Hello. I installed this script 1.02 but can't get it working.

Frodo 12.0 release version on Win 7 x64

It creates the url to the viki .mp4 and starts streaming but it seems like as soon as DVDPlayer starts rendering it exits playback with a popup "playback failed". I also notice the thumbnail that is requested doesn't get returned but that of course ins no biggie. I'm a noob on streaming into XBMC so don' really know what to look for unfortunately.

Log is here:
http://pastebin.com/F1N2BKTp

viki addon starts around line 700 / 15:36:00

Any ideas?

BTW drama crazy script is working well thanks for that.

scott s.

have you check the video out on viki.com to see if it actually plays? usual when there's no thumbnail it means the video no longer exist or in the case of the show "That Winter, The Wind Blows" viki hasn't gotten permission to stream that video so it's currently offline
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
(2013-03-12, 16:37)dknlght Wrote: have you check the video out on viki.com to see if it actually plays? usual when there's no thumbnail it means the video no longer exist or in the case of the show "That Winter, The Wind Blows" viki hasn't gotten permission to stream that video so it's currently offline

Well, looking at my log it seems like I am getting a valid URL to an .mp4 file to stream and I can see that the DVDPlayer is starting up in XBMC, but at some point it quits saying the file is unplayable. I don't see what it doesn't like about the file. Plays Ok on viki.com site.

scott s.
(2013-03-14, 03:32)scott967 Wrote:
(2013-03-12, 16:37)dknlght Wrote: have you check the video out on viki.com to see if it actually plays? usual when there's no thumbnail it means the video no longer exist or in the case of the show "That Winter, The Wind Blows" viki hasn't gotten permission to stream that video so it's currently offline

Well, looking at my log it seems like I am getting a valid URL to an .mp4 file to stream and I can see that the DVDPlayer is starting up in XBMC, but at some point it quits saying the file is unplayable. I don't see what it doesn't like about the file. Plays Ok on viki.com site.

scott s.

umm that's weird it doesn't play for me on viki.com it says it' not available. maybe they mean it's not available in my region. is your version of XBMC frodo from a clean install or an upgrade from eden because the rest of the viki videos work for me and I have frodo as well.
(2013-03-14, 13:22)dknlght Wrote: umm that's weird it doesn't play for me on viki.com it says it' not available. maybe they mean it's not available in my region. is your version of XBMC frodo from a clean install or an upgrade from eden because the rest of the viki videos work for me and I have frodo as well.

Clean install of Frodo final, on two different machines actually (one Win 7 the other Win 8).

scott s.
(2013-03-14, 23:03)scott967 Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 13:22)dknlght Wrote: umm that's weird it doesn't play for me on viki.com it says it' not available. maybe they mean it's not available in my region. is your version of XBMC frodo from a clean install or an upgrade from eden because the rest of the viki videos work for me and I have frodo as well.

Clean install of Frodo final, on two different machines actually (one Win 7 the other Win 8).

scott s.

Post me a link to the video you're trying to view. I want to make sure I'm looking at the right one. You said it plays fine on viki.com correct?
Hello,

Viki just updated their website. The viki addon does not work anymore. It would be awesome if you can update the add on also. Thank you for your work.
Thanks for your work dklght. Love your addons and have been using them for a bit.
Is there a way to add support for OpenElec? Your addons show up as broken for some reason on it and it seems to be dependency related.
(2013-04-10, 16:38)archangelz Wrote: Thanks for your work dklght. Love your addons and have been using them for a bit.
Is there a way to add support for OpenElec? Your addons show up as broken for some reason on it and it seems to be dependency related.

I don't think it's a problem with openelec as stated above the site made a big update layout and video and subtitle url also changed so I need to update the addon to handle this but there's a lot that change so it won't be a quick fix.
(2013-04-11, 01:25)dknlght Wrote: I don't think it's a problem with openelec as stated above the site made a big update layout and video and subtitle url also changed so I need to update the addon to handle this but there's a lot that change so it won't be a quick fix.

Thanks dknlght!
(2013-04-11, 01:25)dknlght Wrote:
(2013-04-10, 16:38)archangelz Wrote: Thanks for your work dklght. Love your addons and have been using them for a bit.

I don't think it's a problem with openelec as stated above the site made a big update layout and video and subtitle url also changed so I need to update the addon to handle this but there's a lot that change so it won't be a quick fix.

Are the openelec and the viki site problems different issues perhaps? On my PC and my windows XBMC machine the plugin still runs fine but all the content is broken, on my openelec box the plugin doesn't actually start. XBMC labels the plugin as broken and when you click on it there's a red X at the bottom that says there are dependencies missing?
(2013-04-11, 16:59)archangelz Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 01:25)dknlght Wrote:

Are the openelec and the viki site problems different issues perhaps? On my PC and my windows XBMC machine the plugin still runs fine but all the content is broken, on my openelec box the plugin doesn't actually start. XBMC labels the plugin as broken and when you click on it there's a red X at the bottom that says there are dependencies missing?

Well I just installed it on my raspberrypi running openelec and it installed fine but if I had to guess it's most likely the urlresolver script module that I'm using that requires the additional scripts. the easiest way that I can think of is install 1channel then install this. or post the log after you try to install it and it should say what it's missing.
The Viki plugin is no longer working for XBMC. When I clicked on the Updated TV Shows selection, it didn't show anything. I believe Viki changed its streaming source. Please look into this issue. Thanks.
(2013-04-12, 00:23)dknlght Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 16:59)archangelz Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 01:25)dknlght Wrote: I don't think it's a problem with openelec as stated above the site made a big update layout and video and subtitle url also changed so I need to update the addon to handle this but there's a lot that change so it won't be a quick fix.

Well I just installed it on my raspberrypi running openelec and it installed fine but if I had to guess it's most likely the urlresolver script module that I'm using that requires the additional scripts. the easiest way that I can think of is install 1channel then install this. or post the log after you try to install it and it should say what it's missing.

Yes you were right, reinstalling with the 1channel app installed first fixed things. Thanks for looking this up. Look forward to the Viki fix.
Ok I finally finished updating Viki Addon and pushed the update. They changed everything so I had to basically re-write the whole addon again. They even added more security to their video streams but it seems to work now. Let me know if there are any quirky things happening in the addon.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows4