• 21(current)
Release Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows
(2015-11-22, 11:35)machthree Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 21:20)sviet2k Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 21:03)scott967 Wrote: Your link leads to a default.py for plugin.video.phim3s

scott s.

Thanks to let me know my error. Sorry about this.
Here is the correct link:
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/8nSgiCXw/file.html

I've made another small patch to your patch to try and more gracefully handle 401 (not authorized) errors when trying to build the list of different resolution streams for an episode. It now silently logs a message shows a blank list rather than crashing and flashing an error message to the screen. There are probably much better ways of handling this (e.g. not showing episodes or even programs which would generate a 401 error) in the search feature.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8npvmeub8kr76...lt.py?dl=0

ok I did a few checks and so far everything I click worked so I pushed your patch to everyone
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
I still unable to see the video, it came back with error (version 1.1.36). I'm using tictid box.
Hey guys. I have upgraded my Kodi version to Jarvis RC 1 and I am having problems with subtitles not appearing as soon as the video plays. Is anyone having this problem? Please help. Thanks.
Hey guys. I just installed a stable version of Jarvis 16.0 and I'm having an issue where I can't make subtitles appear on my screen during video playback. I checked the settings for the subtitles but I couldn't fix the issue. Please help. Thanks
same like ''ginamart'' problem with subtitle
I can confirm; subtitles do not work with Jarvis. I don't know what the "Enable Translation" feature does in Viki, however when I enable it I get an error and cannot enter the Viki addon.
I think something might have changed in Kodi Jarvis. From looking at logs, the viki add-on sets a url to the sub on the viki site (variable suburl) and then sends to kodi the command xbmcPlayer.setSubtitles(suburl) and this works in Kodi 15 but not 16 (no indication in the log when it does or doesn't work). The suburl is the same in both 15 and 16.

Also the add-on downloads the english sub into its own "resources" subfolder as sub.srt. I guess the idea of translate is that if the viki site doesn't have the sub in the desired subtitle language, the add-on uses this local sub.srt and passes it to Google translate to get a translated version. Then I guess it points Kodi to this translated version. I'm not sure yet how it does this, but it could probably be hacked to use that local sub.srt in xbmcPlayer.setSubtitles(path_to_/sub.srt).

scott s.
So has anyone figured out how to make the subtitles appear with Kodi 16?
I re-installed Kodi 15.2 in one of my device and the subtitle still works there. I guess for Viki I will stick with that one device until someone picks up on this addon or Dknight comes back and tweak it.
Ok I found a work around that seems to work in Kodi 16 (and probably 17):

It turns out that the plugin downloads a sub (probably english at least, maybe other language if available?) and stores it here:
special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.viki/resources/sub.srt
where special://profile is the userdata folder for the current in use profile or mastreprofile.

So, in the settings / video settings / subtitles set the subtitle storage location to custom and browse to this path.

Now when you play a viki stream, open the OSD menu and select the audio item. That pops up a dialog and you can manually search for subtitle sub.srt. It should open right into the correct directory that you set. Select sub.srt and close out the dialogs. You could maybe map a key to ActivateWindow(osdaudiosettings) to save a couple clicks.

Give it a try.

scott s.
delaying the subtitles while the video playing is already started:

open the "/addons/plugin.video.viki/default.py" file with your favorite text editor and:

change the following code:
Code:
xbmcPlayer.play(videoId)
xbmcPlayer.setSubtitles(suburl)

to:
Code:
xbmcPlayer.play(videoId)
while not xbmcPlayer.isPlaying():
  xbmc.sleep(10)
xbmcPlayer.setSubtitles(suburl)

julio
(2016-03-24, 21:51)julio12345 Wrote: delaying the subtitles while the video playing is already started:

Works great. thanks. Can I ask how you figured this out? I've been going nuts trying to see why it wasn't working.

scott s.
(2016-03-25, 21:55)scott967 Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 21:51)julio12345 Wrote: delaying the subtitles while the video playing is already started:

Works great. thanks. Can I ask how you figured this out? I've been going nuts trying to see why it wasn't working.

scott s.

only with logic:
subtitles already downloaded? yes
manualy opened subtitles working? yes
syntax in code ok? yes
maybe delaying a bit? bingo Big Grin

in the log showing:
Attempt to use invalid handle -1
(2016-03-25, 22:09)julio12345 Wrote: [

only with logic:
subtitles already downloaded? yes
manualy opened subtitles working? yes
syntax in code ok? yes
maybe delaying a bit? bingo Big Grin

in the log showing:
Attempt to use invalid handle -1

I see that "invalid handle" a lot in logs. Never investigated what that is telling me. I can see from the timing aspect the player needs the playback time to sync the subs, so maybe that is related. Still doesn't explain why it worked in v15 though. But as long as it works makes for a happy family here.

scott s.
Hi i'm new to kodi I have a firestick how do i still the zip file to the firestick?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows4