• 26(current)
Release Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows
Hello All, my situation is different from some of the post here and was hoping that I can get some help.

I'm running kodi jarvis 16.0 running on dknight unofficial add on.
The first two episodes on Viki has english subtitles while the rest doesn't..
The only way to get around this is to force stop and relaunch Kodi again after every two episodes.

I tried clearing cache, turn off time comments and proxy but nothing work.
updates... strangely enough the subtitle no longer appears. Does anyone has a fixed?
updates... for those of you that are experiencing the same issue with the subtitle on viki here is what I did and it work pretty well.

On the Subtitle tab, video-settings, "preferred subtitle language" set it to English.
Font to use for text subtitles: arial.ttf.
On the subtitle offset I set it to .5 sec delay.

Not sure if this is related but as for the playback tab, "preferred audio language" I also set to English.

Good Luck!
Hi DKnight, I am having an issue with Viki where I cannot select what resolution I can watch. The only option I have when I pick an episode is m3u8 option. Please help. Thanks.
I think Viki must have changed something on their end.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I'm having the same issue as well. There's no option for resolution.
And I know someone probably have mentioned this somewhere in this thread but its a question quicker to ask than to search... Viki® 01.1, Majide - This plugin is giving an error "Video is Unavailable" when attempting to play. This just started a few days ago. Did something happen and is it going to be fixed or just dead and over with?
Thanks in advanced
The "Majide version" is now fixed - v0.1.2. Available soon, from the usual place.

Changelog:
Fixed stream selection; Compatibility with Kodi 17 Krypton
That's great to hear Majide! Cant wait to use Viki® again.
Just tested Viki® v01.2 on Kodi 1.6 and it's working beautifully. Thanks Majide!
(2012-12-15, 09:10)dknlght Wrote: First of all this is a great site for Asian drama. a lot of the videos have 720p quality plus they have subtitles is many language. Again if you haven't done so already install my repo below and install viki addon. You can select which language all your subs will load in, if the video you are watching has no sub in the language you choose then it will default to English. this is an initial release so hopefully I got all the bugs.

https://bitbucket.org/dknlght/dk-xbmc-re...paddon.zip

How do I install this? I'm new to kodi. Thank you for creating a Viki add on
(2016-11-24, 23:32)ddxicon Wrote: Just tested Viki® v01.2 on Kodi 1.6 and it's working beautifully. Thanks Majide!

Works for me on a couple of window machines, but on an android tablet it just gives an http "400" error. User-agent issue maybe?

scott s.
Hello. I agree with Scott s. I just tested the addon by Majide and got the same error.
This particular error is Android specific, because is not triggered by the addon itself. Is Kodi 4 Android specific and must be fixed by the android developer of Kodi. It has something to do with SSL/TLS in urllib python library, integrated in Kodi 4 Android.
I just pushed a quick update to my viki. I added the other video qualities to the list.
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
(2016-12-05, 05:19)dknlght Wrote: I just pushed a quick update to my viki. I added the other video qualities to the list.

Thanks but I think your addon.xml still is showing 1.1.41 causes Kodi to think it didn't update. It fixes the video qualities issue, but I still have a problem of no subtitles (English) in Kodi 17 betas (working fine in 16).

scott s.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows4