Airplay
Installed Bonjour Print Services (and XBMC Frodo RC1) on a Windows 7 Home Edition. Airplay was available and working for about 5 minutes. Then it disappeared from the iMac/iPhone menu's and upto now I haven't been able to get it back.

When I install XBMC on a Mac .. it works flawless ..

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thx
Some more info .. restarting XBMC fixes the problem. The Windows 7 XBMC appears in the iTunes Airplay list but not in System Preferences, Sound, Output (when XBMC is installed on a Mac it does appear here too).

When I quit iTunes and restart it .. the airplay connection to the Windows 7 XBMC is gone. When I quit XBMC and restart it .. it's back ..
Did you get this working? How does it work exactly? Would I be able to stream my ipad music to my XBMC? Would I be able to stream movies, etc. from my XBMC to my ipad?
(2013-01-24, 19:40)pcgirl Wrote: Did you get this working? How does it work exactly? Would I be able to stream my ipad music to my XBMC? Would I be able to stream movies, etc. from my XBMC to my ipad?

I got it working on Windows7 with XBMC 12 Frodo - Release Candidate 3 and the build-in Airplay Server. Streaming from iPhone or iMac to XBMC was possible. You have to enable it under System, Settings, Network: switch Announce these services to other systems using ZeroConf and Allow XBMC to receive airplay content to on! I have to admit though it wasn't working stable: the other devices suddenly lost their Airplay icon for no apparent reason and the only way to get it back was to restart XBMC.

Finally, I've moved everything to my mac mini with XBMC installed and added AirServer (http://www.airserverapp.com/en/Info/WhatsNew). This works like a charm (music and video). AirServer works on Windows (7) as well, but I didn't try this
If you use airserverapp then you wouldn't need to go through XBMC, right?
(2013-01-24, 22:26)pcgirl Wrote: If you use airserverapp then you wouldn't need to go through XBMC, right?

I'm guessing you're right because, right now, I see 2 devices popping up as airplay servers. I'll try to switch off the XBMC one. Keep you posted ..
Yeah I downloaded and installed the airserverapp on my HTPC last night to try it out. I also had to install the bonjour service. It connected up no problem and I was able to view netflix from my ipad on my TV. Worked great. Now that I have the bonjour service installed, I am going to try the XBMC airplay feature and see how that goes. I will let you know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay0