Upgrading to Frodo RC1, watched tags missing
Well I've posted about this before. I don't know why I almost always loose the watched database when upgrading.

I run XBMC in portable mode, and the Xbmc\portable_data\userdata\Database\watched.xml seem to still be present after upgrade with included paths to files watched..

I tried running script.watched.flag 1.2.1 first and it backed up the watched stuff correctly, but it importing it aftwerwards fails.

(I have a full backup of the old working XBMC including profile so I'm good concerning not loosing data, but would like to upgrade to Frodo).

Would also be nice if XBMC installer have a backup program included.
How do you update in order to not get watched status transferred? It's all kept in the database. No other scripts/backups etc. needed (the old database is not touched when you update).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i just ran xbmc-12.0-Frodo_rc1.exe and overwrote the c:\util\xbmc folder that was before
not sure if it's related, but i have a lot of myvideos
MyVideos34.db
MyVideos56.db
MyVideos57.db
MyVideos58.db
MyVideos60.db
MyVideos64.db
MyVideos67.db
MyVideos68.db
MyVideos72.db
MyVideos75.db
Each of those DBs are used by a certain version of XBMC you installed. As you have upgraded the DBs have been upgraded and the old ones left behind for downgrading purposes.

As jmarshall said, I am not quite sure how you can upgrade and not have the watched status. Did you do anything to the library after upgrading?
i dont use library. only file mode. so i dont think so
I don't know how watched status for files are tracked. That is something jmarshall will have to chime in on.
(2012-12-17, 21:54)kricker Wrote: I don't know how watched status for files are tracked. That is something jmarshall will have to chime in on.

Watched status is stored in the file table so it should be transferred
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i've had some experience that if i back up, then install new version, then i overwrite with old backup, and then install *again*, then the watched status is kept. strange Wink but that didnt work this time.
I had been using Eden. I did a backup up the watched status of all my thousands of TV episodes using the import/export watched status add-on.

I copied the XBMC app data directory just in case there was a problem.

Installed Frodo RC1 over the top.

Loaded up XBMC and it it did a scan for episodes and downloaded some series info

If I go into any series I had previously been watching - all the watched flags are gone.

This is a real pain for me especially as the import/export status add-on doesn't work with Frodo.

Like the previous poster, I have lots of myvideos databases too.

Looks like I will have to revert everything back as I really don't want to have to manually set all my watched status yet again. I do have the information in Trakt but the thought of having to do this manually is not one I look forward to.
Well I have sort of taken to self help to fix the problem.

Using MS Access, I took the Eden myVideos60.db containing the files table and used the data held in the playcount and lastplayed fields to update the data held in the Frodo database myVideos75.db

This does seem to have copied the data across without any problems.

Frowned upon I am sure but at least it has saved me having to do the manual settings.
same error in RC2
okay i got it solved. here's my step by step:

i found that by searching for recently watched file names (text-search in userdata\Database\*.db), the latest watched was missing from both MyVideos72.db and MyVideos75.db.
BUT, the latest watched was just present in MyVideos68.db.
So, I exited xbmc, then deleted MyVideos72.db and MyVideos75.db

Then I started xbmc and whoopa, it rebuilt the MyVideos75.db based upon MyVideos68.db during startup (thus a bit delay) and wohoo it worked Smile

Hope you're not crying now, gmc99 Smile
Glad you figured it out and got it sorted. There must have been some sort of hiccup among your upgrades.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading to Frodo RC1, watched tags missing0