Win XBMC not starting (solved by formatting...)
Hello all,

I have installed the lastest stable version (11.0) and I have a problem, on my XP SP3 machin it won't even start.

I have an 0cx0000006 error telling me that the program cannot initialize.

My system is up to date with windows update, I have installed the latest catakyst drivers for my radeon hd 4800 but it didn't change anything.

What can I try ?

Thanks
Update : I installed frodo RC3 and I have exactly the same problem, so I know it's not an XBMC issue but has someone got the same problem before and help me out ?

Thanks

I had this problem. I would fire up XBMC and nothing. Checking Task Manger would show the process was running, but nothing ever displayed on screen. The fix was actually quite simple, run a chkdsk /f

Open a command prompt window and type in chkdsk /f
You will probably be told that it can't run now, but can be scheduled when you next restart. Choose Yes to let this happen than reboot your PC. When it starts booting it should run the chkdsk, fixing any errors it may find.

After doing this my XBMC started everytime.

Hope it helps!

Simon
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that and report....
Hello again,

Did the chkdsk /f, it asked me to check it after boot, it did that, took about 5-6 minutes with 3 different steps but nothing better, XBMC is still crashing....

this is quite frustrating....

What else can I try ? Defragment the drive ?

Thanks for the help
Still me Smile

ran the complete chkdsk with a search for defective sectors and so on, it took all night and found a defective sector in dsound.dll so I thought that my directx was gone but it's still ok.

Installed xbmc 10, got the black screen at start and then back to desktop
Removed 10, installed 11, got the "eden" message and then back to desktop
removed 11, installed 12 RC3, got a black screen, no writing and back to desktop.

Is there a way to run any of the xbmc with a logfile creation so I could know when it's crashing and report it here ?

Thanks a lot
OK, got fed-up and formatted, my dsound installation was dead and I didn't fidn a way to fix it.....

Now it runs Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not starting (solved by formatting...)0