Good and quiet PSU and CPU cooler for new build
Hi all, looking for some opinions and recommendations on a good powerful quiet psu and like wise for a CPU cooler.
In the process of building a new media/gaming rig.
I've got as far as my graphics card and case.
Here is what I have and what I'm looking at getting. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Graphics card : already bought Asus 670 nvidia
Case : about to purchase silverstone GD08
CPU : about to purchase i5 3770 (thoughts?)
Motherboard : not sure help needed
PSU : not sure help needed
Ram : not sure help needed
Drive : sandisk 250gb SSD
Some other 3-4tb drives needed too.

I'm looking at building it as quiet and as powerful as possible, possibly even removing the standard fans that come with the case and replace them with quieter ones. Thoughts on this too please.
Again, I'd appreciate any input guys.
Thanks for reading
-Seasonic SS-460FL Active PFC F3, 460W Fanless ATX12V Fanless 80Plus PLATINUM Certified, Modular Power Supply

-GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

-CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
For the power supply, check here. I'd go with something modular and 160mm or less in length. The Seasonic fanless x460 would be a nice PSU for your needs.

For the CPU cooler, look here.

Are you going to be overclocking at all? I'm assuming Windows?
Thanks guys. Truly appreciate the feedback. No I don't think I'll have to overclock it? The graphics card ( Asus 670 ) is really good as im currently running it just now on the rig i have just now and can run Far Cry 3 on Ultra settings. Granted, Its an i7 but its the older gen and I'd say the i5 will actually be better as its newer gen.

I thought about a fanless PSU but was concerned with them, though ive never used one. How are these under load? Playing latest gen games, playing 1080P content? Is 460W really enough for my needs?

Thanks guys
If you are a heavy gamer type, fanless PSU will not last as long as PSU with fan because it tend to generate a lot of heat. But fanless PSU consumes less power compared to PSU with cooling fan in it. The most obvious reason why some people choose to buy fanless PSU
rather than PSU with fan is because they want their PC to be silent....

Since you are a gamer, I'm recommending this "SeaSonic M12II 620" instead. SeaSonic PSU is known for it good quality, and low noise....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks man. Yes im a gamer but i do want the build to be as silent as possible, hence why i went for the asus 670 GPU too, very little noise from it, its great.
Will look into the seasonic and the other components you suggested.

Smile
Could anyone chime in with a good quiet CPU cooler for this setup? Bearing in mind the dimensions of the Silverstone case.
Thanks
So witch CPU cooler did you finally choose?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good and quiet PSU and CPU cooler for new build0