Problems wirh Windows AND DTS HD MA
Hello,

I am having problems with my XBMC Frodo RC1 and DTS HD MA audio tracks. When I choose any other format it works flawlessly but with DTS HD MA, it becomes sluggish and with no sound. my receiver ( Yamaha v 667) shows DTS and no signal intermittently and the video goes between zero and 5 fps.

The machine is a Core i7 920 with a msi x58 MB, with and ATI Radeon HD 6770 Video Card, I had installed the latest Realtek HD audio Codecs and configure the windows and Frodo according to the multiple post around here with no luck.

Any ideas on how to solve this

Thank you very much!
u have to deinstall the Realtek drivers/disable the Realtek Chip in Device Manager or Bios and use the AMD HD-Audio located on ur HD6770 ...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Great I have done it, and Got Audio back, but Now the DTS HD MA tracks appear only as DTS. There is something I am missing here? I have everything turned on in the Audio Tab (LPCM, Dolby TruHD, DTS HD MA and so on) but still the Receiver shows only as DTS. I had to install the CCCP to get the right codecs
You don't need CCCP and probably shouldn't have it installed at all, ffmpeg either. XBMC handles all of it internally.

In windows control panel -> Sound, get properties on your HDMI device then under supported formats do you see TrueHD and DTS-Master HD? What audio device do you have selected in XBMC? As in Directsound or WASAPI?
Before I installed the CCCP, those options were not available on supported formats (they only Appeared after I installed the package. The option selected its the only available for HDMI: WASAPI, the other is SDPIF
Sad
Thanks in Advance
(2012-12-19, 19:51)Victorjs Wrote: Great I have done it, and Got Audio back, but Now the DTS HD MA tracks appear only as DTS. There is something I am missing here? I have everything turned on in the Audio Tab (LPCM, Dolby TruHD, DTS HD MA and so on) but still the Receiver shows only as DTS. I had to install the CCCP to get the right codecs
Yes, you need to install the latest AMD driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect.....and follow the tips in this thread- Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Beginning to think all these issues you keep reading all concern about. Ati drivers...
Mark my words Wink
(2012-12-19, 22:06)Victorjs Wrote: Before I installed the CCCP, those options were not available on supported formats (they only Appeared after I installed the package. The option selected its the only available for HDMI: WASAPI, the other is SDPIF
Sad
Thanks in Advance
Better to have a look here for some 'sound' advice http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911 - the stickies are there for a reason.
(2012-12-19, 22:32)Skank Wrote: Beginning to think all these issues you keep reading all concern about. Ati drivers...
Mark my words Wink
We talked about in another thread too....it's not an ATI driver issue.....the catalyst version 12.10 works fine with my AMD GPU's...

i believe it depends on AVR how it handles the handshake from the source.
If I choose Direct Sound i get the weird Audio problem and slaggish playback
(2012-12-21, 18:09)Victorjs Wrote: If I choose Direct Sound i get the weird Audio problem and slaggish playback
You might want to re-verify in Windows control panel to make sure that the correct sound playback device is selected and exclusive mode is checked. If want to bitstream HD audio, you want to stick to WASAPI in XBMC....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems wirh Windows AND DTS HD MA0