• 5(current)
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation
Some very cool setups in here...

I hate to ask in a "post your setup" thread but how did you guys get xbmc running on ipad?
(2012-12-31, 01:19)jayzirl Wrote: Some very cool setups in here...

I hate to ask in a "post your setup" thread but how did you guys get xbmc running on ipad?

Google is your fried here. It involves "Jail Breaking". I believe there is a section on the wiki for this as well.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2012-12-31, 03:20)htpc guy Wrote: Google is your fried here. It involves "Jail Breaking". I believe there is a section on the wiki for this as well.

Ha!... Hmmmm... Fried google. Yum Yum! you have made me hungry now! Laugh

Thanks for that... will check out the wiki.
Just moved into a new house a few months back and finally have the theater room set up for the most part. Probably paint the reaming walls a dark color and paint the ceiling tiles black, but overall i'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Lol. I got autocorrected.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2012-12-27, 10:48)natethomas Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 22:32)Skank Wrote: Image

Any chance of a bit more info, plus a picture with the TV on running XBMC?

What info do you want?
Im running unraid server and a dedicated. Htpc (amd)
Ill see if i can make a picture with xbmc Smile
(2012-12-30, 01:43)natethomas Wrote: wbread, welcome back! I'm going to guess the light would be weird for photography, but any chance you could get a pic with XBMC running on the screen?

Nate, you bet. I can get some logo shots and some others. Thought about taking some trivia shots from the cinema script as well. Do you want something in particular? Ive got eyes on a Lutron remote dimmer that'll bring the lights down to zero for movie play.

If any of your viewing experts out there have any home automation integration info, I'd love XBMC interface with the room dimmers, etc.

Sorry for the vague equipment post....the laptop is a dedicated Toshiba Satellite P505. I got it for it's 512 dedicated video ram (versus windows GMA). I've since built a dedicated HTPC for my living room but I'm not convinced it works any better than the laptop. Not saying I cant be convinced though...

And thanks for the comments on the screen setup. I have a bit of a theater background, and had an image of a Front of House instrument bar, in sight of the viewer, hanging instruments which would decorate the screen when not in use. Those are PAR 16s with 35 watt halogens, if you could believe. I haven't seen it done on any other HT setup. I think it turned out ok.
(2012-12-27, 10:25)GundamWZero Wrote: Man, you all have some nice setups!! I am jealous ^_^

Unfortunately, since I am in the military, we don't have great homes to show off my stuff, so I guess this is the best I can so until I get my own place....Confused

Oh yeah... I made the jump to Frodo... I am not feeling it (nor the green trim) yet, I guess that I am still used to Eden.
Hey man....20 yrs AF. plenty of military housing. Thank God the forum is forgiving. thats a sexy htpc you have there. where is the projector?

(2013-01-01, 07:56)wbread99 Wrote: If any of your viewing experts out there have any home automation integration info, I'd love XBMC interface with the room dimmers, etc.

The Lutron Maestro IR dimmer can be controlled with a Logitech Harmony remote, and the IR codes are in the Harmony database. The Lutron remote has a button that turns the switch on and off, as well as a "favorite" setting that will turn the lights to a specific dimmer setting. I have my Harmony trigger two events when I "start" XBMC. First, it turns on the lights to full brightness while all of the other equipment is turning itself on as a part of my "Watch XBMC" activity. Finally, the lights fade down to my "favorite" setting after about 15 seconds. I also mapped the "increase brightness" and "decrease brightness" actions to two other keys on the remote, which allows me to easily turn the dimmer up for a beer run Smile

I hope this info helps!

(2012-12-22, 21:46)Steini Wrote: Hey guys, nice to see all the Christmas themed pictures so here is mine

Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (running Frodo RC with homemade ambilights and Aeonmq3)

More pics (from a year ago with the old sofa and the old server Smile can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/dtFSu#0

Hey Sweet set up! Big Grin

How can I do a LED kit like yours that matches the ambient colors that is on the screen?
(2013-01-01, 07:56)wbread99 Wrote: Nate, you bet. I can get some logo shots and some others. Thought about taking some trivia shots from the cinema script as well. Do you want something in particular? Ive got eyes on a Lutron remote dimmer that'll bring the lights down to zero for movie play.

Nope. I'll leave it up to you to be creative!
(2012-12-27, 10:17)aziztt Wrote: @m0gwai - NICE SETUP! Give us more specs, ie what projector? whats your xbmc running on? ect ect

Please show us a pictures with XBMC interface running over the video Big Grin

Hey,

Thanks Blush

Projector is a Sony VW-1000 4k resolution, Lumagen Radiance XS video processor, HTPC with 4k upscaling, receiver is a Pioneer Susano and speaker are B&W serie 8 diamond, subwoofer SVS and the screen is Screen Innovation Black Diamond Zero Edge 144 inch 2.35 aspect ratio.

I need to take some more pictures with xbmc running, I might do that this week-end Laugh
Just been back to browse posts since I did mine before Christmas - great home cinema rooms on here - if only I had the room Big Grin.
Wow some nice setups in here! I just got a new TV so time to post some pics of my setup:

TV is a 60 inch Samsung e8000 with a 414 channel boblight setup using ws2801 leds (Currently playing the sweet sounds of Ratatat). HTPC is a Athlon x64 265, nvidia GT460SE, 4g ram, BD-ROM, 120g SSD, 2tb HDD in a Silverstone case with a HP MCE receiver, CEC adapter and Harmony remote . It dual boots windows 7 (gaming) + ubuntu 12.04 (media) with xbmc frodo running on both os's. Also under there is a PS3, Wii and a Panasonic audio receiver.

Internal picture of the HPTC:

My desktop which is used for both work and play:

Its a i7-950, 6g ram, Nvidia 560Ti, couple of HDDs, 128 g SSD, BD-RW, HP receiver + remote, Fractal design R3 case with a 22inch monitor. Dual boots windows and ubuntu. Soon to have a boblight setup too.

Behind my desktop in the wardrobe sits my file server:

Its a quad core Athlon (I dont remember the exact model) with 4g ram, 60g SSD, 12tb of HDD's, Sony Play TV tuner all in a fractal design case. It runs a stripped down Mythbuntu with mythtv, rtorrent, sabnzbd, headphones, couchpotato, sickbeard, samba server, ftp server, upnp server, virtual machines, handbrake/dbpoweramp for movie/music rencodes - yeah its a real work horse. It suspends when idle, wakes via WOL and automatically for tv recordings and is accessible from anywhere in the world via ssh.

Also we have a Asus Zenbook, Asus Transformer Pad, Galaxy s3 + a Desire HD all running xbmc too. My network is made up of a Billion 7800n + TPLink WDR3600 (running OpenWRT - which I just installed, its really cool!)

And finally, here is a bad photo of Mr T, my pet bird eating tarantula who loves xbmc too! You can kind of see him in the top right of the picture.

Big thanks to everyone involved with Xbmc for making this setup possible!!
(2013-01-02, 06:28)jdastas Wrote: How can I do a LED kit like yours that matches the ambient colors that is on the screen?

One variant of the ambient lighting is called Boblight. Its awesome - I had guests over for christmas and everyone was amazed by the tv, they all wanted one!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation2