Gave up with Frodo - Trying to revert back to Eden
Hi Guys,

I went for the Frodo RC1 update the other - wish I hadnt. my thumbs had disappeared for the majority of my films.
Also I had some script errors and some of my TV shows disappeared.

The film folders had all of the correct Folder.jpg and film name.jpf files in there etc.

Decided to uninstall and reinstall Eden(11) back onto PC and now the majority of skins display broken within repository.

I have now just uninstalled everything from XBMC including profile and I am reinstalling from scratch.

Its the first time I have had a problem with upgrading XBMC.

I think XBMC is absolutely brilliant BTW.
Is there a question in there?

If you're reinstalling from scratch, did you go with Frodo?
Yes.. go with Frodo (your error btw: was not exporting to single file, installing Frodo over top and importing the back-up, too late I guess) it will offer to re-scan your source, then do it. Between Eden and Frodo the way graphics are handled is different, more direct, things will get better. Until you move to Frodo the skin updates will not be available for Eden.

Usually just an information 'i' on the keyboard is all that is required to load up the thumbs.
(2012-12-18, 15:14)zanders Wrote: The film folders had all of the correct Folder.jpg and film name.jpf files in there etc.

Are they named Folder.jpg or folder.jpg? Case is important.
(2012-12-19, 04:53)PatK Wrote: Yes.. go with Frodo (your error btw: was not exporting to single file, installing Frodo over top and importing the back-up, too late I guess) it will offer to re-scan your source, then do it. Between Eden and Frodo the way graphics are handled is different, more direct, things will get better. Until you move to Frodo the skin updates will not be available for Eden.

Usually just an information 'i' on the keyboard is all that is required to load up the thumbs.

So we need to export to a single file before installing Frodo otherwise the thumb issue above will happen? What if we don't? Will re-scraping the library bring it all back?

That sounds like a dumb question now that I read it. I assume a re-scrape will work.
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB
No need to do anything other than install Frodo over the top of Eden.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Great. Thanks
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gave up with Frodo - Trying to revert back to Eden0