Eden Black screen and no sound on movie playback ( SOLVED )
Hi!

I'm running Eden 11.0 Git 20120321 14feb2009 (compiled mars 21 2012)
on my win seven 64 bit pc with an asus P8V77-V LK Mb
Intel i5 2750K processor
8GB Ram
asus gpu based on nvidia GTX650
here my xbmc log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=22504
here is the crashlog: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88234332/xbmc_c...120836.dmp

I just cannot play any movie. At first I received an error message fom XBMC saying it was unnable to connect to the audio device or something like that. but The picture was present.
Then i'm just not having any sound... and now no picture. The cursor lag terribly when in movie fullscreen but as soon as I go back to menus or stop movie, it is smooth as usual. I Have to say that I also use Constellation for a remote on my Ipad
In your system audio HDMI output properties, 'supported formats' it might not include the material you're trying to play. Without trying to diagnose this issue, I'd highly recommend that you move ahead into the 'Frodo RC1 release (you may get lucky with a fix right out of the box, as there is a new audio engine) and from that set-up and a supported skin (confluence) we can best arrive at a working system.

Some things I noted...

CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: Audio format not supported by the WASAPI device.
Creating a Null Audio Renderer, Check your audio settings as this should not happen

You can effect change in settings>system>audio output.
OK here's what I did today. I just received my new 50Ft HDMI cable. So I can now use my Marantz AVR... Wich support all format exept AAC...
I installed Frodo rc1 as asked wich solved another problem I had.
I tried to play Spiderma a MKV file in H264 DTS. It played sound for a few seconds with no picture and finaly sound stopped. Cursor stil lag terribly when in fullscreen movie. I also changed the skin for Confluence as asked. here the new log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=22739

I started spiderman at line 455... ten seconds later It gave me some error messages...
I also tried with different format movie with the same result. I did'nt copy the log for those as the result was the same I figured that the problem is the same.

Thanks for the help
Good stuff so far, but you need to turn on debug for the log to have detailed info. Try switching over to settings>system>audio> direct sound (is there a pass through device are you outputting to a flat panel?). You may be a victim of handshaking between the PC and receiver, I've seen other messages about Realtek High Definition Audio drivers here's a link which deserves your attention http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
Here's an update of what a did today!!! Smile
Ok the problem is still present in directsound mode.. so this is not the problem.
The problem is still present when playing movie directly on my PC screen handshaking with my AVR is not the problem.
I gave a look at the wiki for windows setting for audioengine.. but all the everything seem OK there too.
This morning I did a new xbmclog with debog enabled... : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=23343 (BTW: those logs a damm long!!!)
While performing this I noticed something I've never noticed before... the framerate is going from around 60fps to 7-8 fps when watching a movie....
I think it has something to do with my problem... now let give some search about it thanks so far you really help me!!!
The debug log is long, but it's more useful when you have issues. Looking over your log, outside of the obvious 'errors' noted nothing stands out... save to say looking over the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Win...udioEngine

If at anytime you've used Realtek drivers on your system then please follow the the steps below even if you think you've removed the Realtek drivers:

i. Remove Realtek High Definition Audio Driver using Programs and Features
ii. Check they have indeed been fully removed in Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers and see if there's any entry for Realtek High Definition Audio and if so Uninstall the Realtek driver, refer to below link and make sure the Delete the driver software for this device box is ticked as shown in Option 2 - Step 9 - To Uninstall Both the Device and Device Driver
iii. Ensure all files have been deleted from hard drive by checking if there's a c:\program files\realtek\audio directory, if there is delete the realtek directory.

ERROR: CRarFile::Seek - Data buffer in inconsistent state
WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup:
XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

My suggestion is as follows: (should not take more than 15 minutes)

1) rename XBMC in C:\Program Files (x86) to XBMC-Test1
2) rename XBMC in C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming to XBMC-Test1
3) Reinstall XBMC Frodo latest (RC2 is out with some fixes) and keep default.
4) ensure local (only on the PC, with montior) operation
5) load only one local folder as a secure source (a few videos)
6) play one of the videos... and relay the results to this forum (audio functioning properly or not?)
7) manipulate the settings>system>audio for direct sound.
8) if it doesn't happen for you then it sounds like hardware drivers. If it works well, then rebuild from this, your metadata is corrupt.

Deleting your XBMC and roaming XBMC and re-naming back your old files to their original name will bring you back to the circumstances of which you came.
OH YEAH YOUR A GENIUS!!!!!
Thanks!!!!
I've finnaly found what was wrong.... eee no but I fixed it anyway the important thing is that it works now...
In fact that was pretty simple... the solution is in the last sentence of your post <Deleting your XBMC and roaming XBMC> everything is there... when updating or reinstalling I was rellying on xbmc uninstal to uninstal...obvous. But for a fresh clean new instal, roaming xbmc have to be manually erased...

I still don't know what was wrong... but now I know a little more on how xbmc work and how to fix it.

Thanks every body for your help and support!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Black screen and no sound on movie playback ( SOLVED )0