Aritst Art & Album Art lost after installing Frodo RC1
My previous installation was Eden. I just installed RC1 and when I went to the music section, it seemed the library got transferred. But now most of the Album art is gone and I don't see any Artis images either.

Rescanning the library is not doing anything, or querying for album information or artist information is not doing anything either.

Anybody else have this problem?
You were prompted that a rescan was needed, right? And you told it to do so I presume?

After that, any local art will be there.

Remote art may not - that will be downloaded in the background as you browse stuff.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-12-19, 00:10)jmarshall Wrote: You were prompted that a rescan was needed, right? And you told it to do so I presume?

After that, any local art will be there.

Remote art may not - that will be downloaded in the background as you browse stuff.

Yes, it did the rescan. Shouldn't the remote art that xbmc downloaded in eden be local art now? what is the purpose of the rescan? And a lot of the albums are still not getting the album art back.
If the only art you have is art that was downloaded, then my guess is the original URLs no longer exist.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-12-19, 00:27)jmarshall Wrote: If the only art you have is art that was downloaded, then my guess is the original URLs no longer exist.

So, how would i get my downloaded artwork back? Querying for album and artist info. is not helping?
You'll need to refresh those artists.

and make sure you have "universal album/artist" scrapers selected in settings-> music
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't understand how I can refresh the artists and albums. Unless, I go to each one individually to refresh them. That is not a good solution since I have thousands of albums and hundreds of artists.

Losing the artwork during the upgrade in my mind is still a bug. The artwork existed before the upgrade and was lost after. I don't think the URL of where the artwork was downloaded from should be relevant, since it is local now.

(2012-12-22, 09:16)haiiyaa Wrote: I don't understand how I can refresh the artists and albums. Unless, I go to each one individually to refresh them. That is not a good solution since I have thousands of albums and hundreds of artists.

Losing the artwork during the upgrade in my mind is still a bug. The artwork existed before the upgrade and was lost after. I don't think the URL of where the artwork was downloaded from should be relevant, since it is local now.

Have had same issue. Tried to rollback to Eden and still no joy. To redo all the Artwork is a real pain. Any suggestions?

Nigel
I am now on RC2, still no luck.

@Nigel: unless you have a back up of your Eden 'work' folder, you will probably have to redo all the artwork!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aritst Art & Album Art lost after installing Frodo RC10