Video pauses (audio does not) at random briefly
Hey folks, I've been having a problem with video playback, where the video pauses for a brief moment - usually under a second, never more than a second and a half or so - while the audio continues playing. After the pause, the video effectively fast-forwards to sync back up with the audio. This happens with pretty much every movie we watch on XBMC, and it does NOT happen when we watch the same files in VLC.

Files are all MKV containers, with MPEG4/ISO/AVC as the type per mkvmerge. This may be irrelevant, though, as that's about 98% of the files I have and I can't recall which ones are in another format to test with. As far as hard drives, it happens on a 1 year old 2TB USB3 MyBook (connected to USB3 port), a 6 year old 400GB Seagate, a 4 year old 1TB WD EcoGreen drive, and a 3 week old 3TB Seagate, so I don't think it's the drives. Especially since they all play fine in VLC.

Running debug, there was never a noticable spike in CPU or drop in framerate when the pauses happened, and CPU never really went about about 5%, though I didn't really have enough time to see CPU/framerate changes during the pauses when I was testing. They weren't lasting long enough to look, just long enough to be extremely annoying to my wife and irritating to me.

I have tried this with Render Method set to Auto and DXVA, and with both Adjust Display Refresh to Match Video and Sync Playback to Display both on and off, and while some of the jerikiness that I was experiencing dropped off when I enabled them, this issue doesn't seem to be affected.

Info:

Win Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
CPU: Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93GHz, not overclocked
Ram: 8GB GSkill DDR3-1333 (2x4GB Dual-Channel)
Video: Intel Core i3-530, version 8.15.10.2104, via ASRock H55M-USB3/r2.0 motherboard
Sound: Onboard/Intel sound, via HDMI
TV: Sharp Aquos LC-60E78UN 60" LCD TV
XBMC Version: 11.0 Eden Git:2012321-14feb09
Reproduce: Just starting the video from the library. Doesn't happen at the same time index every time.
Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/iexU8MQf
MediaInfo: This is for 3 of the movies. All of them do it. http://pastebin.com/LRiRe4bn

Please let me know if you need any more info.
No thoughts on this one at all?
+1
Seen this issue too, look at my topic...
I cant recall either cause its random
Havent seen his issue back since frodo rc1, i dunno if its still there
I'll give RC2 a try, RC1 didn't play nice with my system for some reason.

I've installed a Radeon HD 4850 512MB vid card with HDMI Out that I had laying around from an old system, and it still does it. I can actually get what seems to be totally smooth video... as long as I'm willing to accept black borders around the video due to overscan at 24Hz refresh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video pauses (audio does not) at random briefly0