Music playback problems
I have 2 problems with music playback in the latest builds of Frodo:
1. If, in my music library within XBMC, I select Artist --> Album --> All albums --> Track (i.e. play), I get a crash. Debug log here. If I go to the specific album the track's in (so Artist --> Album --> Track), the track plays, as long as it's not FLAC.
2. If I try and play any music that's in FLAC, I also get a crash. Debug log here.

I have an i3 2120, AMD HD6450, Win7 x64, Frodo RC1 or nightlies. Audio set to WASAPI. DTS-MA or other HD audio in movies plays back fine.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
For 1 can you try a different (or ideally no) visualization? I tried to reproduce your issue and my log looks a bit different than yours and I didn't get any crash. I only get the
Code:
DEBUG: Calling TransferSettings for: MilkDrop
DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MilkDrop
DEBUG:   msg: Preset is not held, loading a random preset. Current is 0
DEBUG:   msg: CreateDepthStencilSurface with 1920 x 1080
DEBUG:   msg: Textures created!
snippet once in my log and you get it several times.

Concerning your second issue, I don't have a FLAC file right now so I'll have to get one first before I can test.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Does look like an issue with Milkdrop (the visualizer). Would definitely disable that. Aside from that I see no reason for FLAC to crash from the log. I did notice the ReplayGain values applied were pretty odd - check your settings for that under Music>Playback. But those settings would only cause very low output, not a crash.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Yep, should have actually had a proper look at the log before posting it. It's definitely a Milkdrop issue - files both FLAC or not play fine using a different visualiser, or with none at all. Any clues as to what might be the problem here, or am I just to go without visualisation from now on?

@Damian: I've not changed the ReplayGain values from the default in XBMC, and all my files are analysed for ReplayGain when they're ripped from source, or just imported into my library on other PCs in my network. I don't have anything weird going on with ReplayGain in my setup as far as I know?
Generally goes CD/digital source (e.g. MP3, FLAC) ---ReplayGain---> Library
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
@StartCodon - just saw an odd value for Final ReplayGain Applied - was 0.28 or something low like that. If volume seems fine then it might be something we now log incorrectly since the TagLib changes.

I recall having an issue with Milkdrop and the presets not loading a month or two ago. I believe I just deleted the folders used for Milkdrop in the userdata folder and re-installed, fixing the problem. Note that my dev machine has more versions than you can shake a stick at.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music playback problems0