Android MyGica ATV1200 dual core Amlogic M6
After being first announced over 6 months ago it looks like the dual core Amlogic M6 chipped Geniatech ATV1200 is finally coming to market under Geniatech's own brand name MyGica with Futeko in the UK having it listed as available in early January for £85 inc. EU taxes which is about US$140.

The cheapest seller on Aliexpress at the moment seems to be US$149 inc. shipping but I am sure prices on Aliexpress will fall once stock becomes available.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding that Geniatech are the OEM manufacturers for Pivos and as a respected manufacturer of a wide range of TV and video products the quality of this product is on a high level, and I believe this box supports various USB DVB-T and DVB-S tuners such as the HD Star DVB-S2 made by Geniatech.

So it looks like this is a good advance in hardware but the question is if and when an Android XBMC build will be available optimised for the dual core chip? And what about linux?

Anyone planning on purchasing this box?
nice looking box....wished it had at least 2gb of ram then I would definitely get it...
The Android XBMC build does not need optimizing for dual core AMLogic arm SoC, it works fine with mult-cpu devices as noted by Android XBMC running on the Nexus N7 which is a tegra3 quad-core.
nice looking hardware.
(2012-12-19, 10:26)phistyle Wrote: nice looking box....wished it had at least 2gb of ram then I would definitely get it...

LOL, when it was the M3 people were waiting for the M6. Now when the M6 appears to be available, people are going to wait for the 2 GB version?

You guys will never gonna buy one Big Grin
I see there is also a dual core M6 chip Smart TV box on Aliexpress for US$84 but the MyGica looks like a far better prospect.

Still no good for phistyle as it is only 1Gb of ram! Rofl
(2012-12-19, 14:46)Chris P Bacon Wrote: I see there is also a dual core M6 chip Smart TV box on Aliexpress for US$84 but the MyGica looks like a far better prospect.

That's an Meson3 box. The Chinese are good in confusing people. The M6 in that name has nothing to do with the Meson number;
http://www.refeedigital.com/pro_view.aspx?id=67

(2012-12-19, 15:59)j1nx Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 14:46)Chris P Bacon Wrote: I see there is also a dual core M6 chip Smart TV box on Aliexpress for US$84 but the MyGica looks like a far better prospect.

That's an Meson3 box. The Chinese are good in confusing people. The M6 in that name has nothing to do with the Meson number;
http://www.refeedigital.com/pro_view.aspx?id=67
ROFL A wonderful choice of model name!

Yeah they are good at confusing you, a bit like how they always "yes, of course we have it in stock we can ship it to you tomorrow" ....until they get your order.

Hello all, first post here.

Thanks for the heads up on this new device. I'm keen on the ATV1600 as it's black and from what I've read the only difference between this and the ATV1200 is "HDMI inputting". Can someone tell me what that is please?
I'm waiting for the AMLogic M12, the quad-core...
(2012-12-19, 18:50)davilla Wrote: I'm waiting for the AMLogic M12, the quad-core...
...but only if it's got 8 gigs of ram!
(2012-12-19, 16:51)Jonathan Gould Wrote: Hello all, first post here.

Thanks for the heads up on this new device. I'm keen on the ATV1600 as it's black and from what I've read the only difference between this and the ATV1200 is "HDMI inputting". Can someone tell me what that is please?

Don't know for sure - but maybe it offers some similar HDMI pass-through/processing functionality to the Google TV boxes. They take an HDMI input from set-top boxes (satellite, cable, terrestrial etc.) or Blu-ray/DVD players and allow the Google TV UI to be superimposed over the top, or the input Picture-in-picture squeezed over the Google TV UI.

Just a guess - it may just be that it has an internal HDMI switch (as a few OTA set-top boxes in the UK have had) so that you can share a single HDMI input on your TV with your media player and another HDMI source?

maybe I should just cave in and get the pivos xios M3 :/
wise decision it is.
Hello,

I had the chance to test the ATV1200 for a week. My intention was to replace a Point of View notebook with an Atom 230 1.6GHz and a medibuntu installed.
Just like the notebook, the ATV1200 is connected via HDMI to the TV and has a LAN connection (didn't test the WLAN) to a 50MBit internet access. The main applications envisaged are live TV and radio streaming and streaming from my NAC (cifs).

However, I sent the ATV1200 back mainly because there was hardly a live TV channel which did run smoothly. For most channels, there was a 2-5s stop every 30s. For others, there was a a audio/video misalignment of some 10s. I didn't experience such failures for the same channels at the same time of the day for the notebook despite the weaker hardware spec. Thus, I think that the reason may be found in the software (Which is irrelevant for the consumer who must cope with the deficiencies).

It is handy that the ATV1200 comes already rooted. I didn't, however, manage to establish a connection to the cifs of my NAS. I suppose that the kernel doesn't support that (I had never any troubles for my other devices linux/windows). Moreover, when connecting the TV via HDMI, the audio out was mute, which is acceptable when watching TV but unacceptable for me when listening to radio only. There, I'd like to connect the hifi system and turn of the TV. For some TV apps, not all buttons (e.g. the channel selection) can be reached with the remote control thus rendering it close to scrap.

In short, the box is useless for me as it doesn't deliver what is promised: smooth TV.

squareye

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyGica ATV1200 dual core Amlogic M61