Is there another point release on the horizon?
as the title of the topic asks. is there likely to be any other point releases of xbmc in the future? it's almost a year since version 1.1.0 i would have thought we would have had at least 2 to 3 official point release before now. that is unless of course a decision has been made to scrap that methodology going forward and the only releases from now on are the cvs releases.

this topic must have come up before now, but i couldn't find anything relating to it when i looked so if it has been asked and answered many times before now my humble apologies.

btw keep up the great work team. looks like ms are watching closely and including your ideas in the xbox 360.
my suggestion is to declare a point release once the dvd player has stabilised.
i'm one of those (stupid) guys that wants software to just work™. i'm also a happy xbox owner and when someone comes over to my house, i usually show them my wonderful xbox using xbmc as a dashboard. it goes something like this:
"you have to check out this xbmc, it can play videos, music, show picture, play snec and c64 games, blabla bla. " and then something breaks, xbmc freezes og something annoying happens. "uhhm yeah this usually never happes, i was upgrading the xbmc to get a fix another bug, and didn't notiched this one yet, but it's great then it works".

my point is that we need more stable/bug free releases. its been a long time since we saw the xbmc 1.1.0 and i'm kindly asking when we can expect another real point release.

please note that i fully understand the developers needs to be able to implement new features and fix bugs quickly and that this is a hobby project.

thanks for all your hard work
ii have to agree that it's time for a new point release. alot has happend since the last one.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
i agree too..
looks like plenty of bugs fixed in changlog in the past week or two.
dvd player looks to have stabilised somewhat.
it's getting 'close' to xbox 360 coming out too - so let's see a new point release to just tie it all together nicely.

xbmc rocks.. i fact, planning to buy another couple of xboxes, just to run xbmc in different rooms.
there are alot of things in dev atm...

- dvd menus still arnt 100%
- music library nearly done but a party playback mode is still missing
- videos db needs to be redone and a video library created
- http website should be updated taking advantage of the new httpapi stuff
- mplayer updates for h264
- lots of other stuff im sure i dont know about Wink

the xbmc team would have outlined their objectives for 2.0 (or whatever version they want to call it) when the required features are implimented then a bug bash will take place then you will see your point release.
hi,

its has been more than over year since the last official stable/final release. when is the next stable/final release coming?

your opinion please...
any cvs releases are stable for me and have many additions.

i think a new "official" release is planned when skin version 2.0 is ready and "bug-free" Wink

just my 0,02 €
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
it goes something like this:
"you have to check out this xbmc, it can play videos, music, show picture, play snec and c64 games, blabla bla. " and then something breaks, xbmc freezes og something annoying happens. "uhhm yeah this usually never happes, i was upgrading the xbmc to get a fix another bug, and didn't notiched this one yet, but it's great then it works".

i soooo know what you mean...i feel like a dipshit everytime Blush
i wouldn't mind paying for xbmc if it was stable.
hi,

is there something like a roadmap for xbmc? are there any plans on releasing a new stable version any time soon? when can we expect a feature freeze?

i am curious what the plans for xbmc are Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
use the force......
(harshreality @ jan. 30 2006,20:17 Wrote:use the force......
? i don't get it Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
roadmap?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
yes, read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/technology_roadmapping

an example would be:
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/roadmap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there another point release on the horizon?0