• 4(current)
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement
@AbMagFab i would certainly be pleased to see 1080p with it being able to truly resolve those lines. if they are available elsewhere i havent seem them in stores at my country yet.
@aron parsons - i have an original of gladiator in region 4 pal, and it plays with the t3ch dvd player build.
Sad 
(kronium @ sep. 14 2005,09:12 Wrote:i don't understand how a simple launcher like avalaunch can play more discs than xbmc and show menus too.
team-avalaunch haven't written their dvd-player themself, they used a leaked version of the dvd-player that is in microsoft original xbox dashboard, ...by the way "dvdx 2" (by team-xecuter) and "gueux-dvd-x" (by team-gueux) players also uses the same leaked source code and all are very illegal because they do so (see copyright-laws), (the difference between dvdx2, gueux-dvd-x, and avalaunch players is that avalaunch hacked it a bit more to enable hdtv out). so dvdx2, gueux-dvd-x and avalaunch dvd-players will play all dvd's that the dvd-player that the built-into microsoft original xbox dashboard can play becuase it's all the same code, (though the leaked source code that dvdx2/gueux-dvd-x/avalaunch got hold of is today a bit old so microsoft have probebely updated it since then, plus the full source code was not available in that leaked code as some was already in pre-compiled libraries which will limit dvdx2/gueux-dvd-x/avalaunch in regards to the functions that where available in those libraries at that time). fun fact; the dvd-player in  microsoft original xbox dashboard (and thus also in dvdx2/gueux-dvd-x/avalaunch) was not made by microsoft themself but by a other third-party company that makes software dvd-players professionaly, ...though i forget the name of that company.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i can't get resume play to work on a dvd img. is this not working right now, or am i doing something wrong?
it is not working.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

many.. many thanks to the xbmc dev krew (and support grp) for this dvd-menu addition, you have increased the value of my xbox temendously... (thanks again!Wink

now with menus enabled.. anybody got a way to connect up a powerfile c200 to xbmc ?
this is really great news! thanks dev!
newb ?, is this a separate install from xbmc, i just finished updating my xbox with aid 2.1. is this included or do i need to install something else?
wtf is aid 2.1 ?

:kickass:  :kickass:  :kickass:  :kickass:  :kickass:
(caldor @ sep. 14 2005,05:09 Wrote:
(aron parsons @ sep. 14 2005,07:04 Wrote:
(bod @ sep. 13 2005,16:49 Wrote:
(m360m @ sep. 13 2005,02:58 Wrote:now that full dvd playback is supported i am think of using an xbox for my main dvd play in my projection home theater room.  what is the highest resolution supported for movie playback?  in looking at the component adapters on ebay they say...

"movie playback is in 480i only."

... with a modded xbox running xbmc what is the highest resolution i can get?

what video adapter is the best for xbox.

also, is dts supported?

cheers.
ive tried movie playback using the xbox in my hometheater and it isn't upto the job in terms of picture quality. the output quality isn't remotely as good as a pc for dvd playback using something like mce or mediaportal. thats regardless of the xbox outputting 720p or 1080i.
i agree the quality isn't the best, but it should be adequate for most applications.
what are we on about here? i was lead to believe that the upscaling method used within xbmc is superiour to dvd player based upscaling methods.

i have had a variety of devices feeding my high end hd display......kiss dvd players, htpcs, xbmc etcetc.

with the component cable from the xbox and enabling hd resolutions i really cant see what cricisms you have about vdeo quality?

are you sure that you tweaked the xbmc settings right? what pixel shader did you use? or filters? or post processing? i dont run any filters, any post processing and use the high quality renderer.
i didnt use any post processing, filtering either. just high quality rendering. im sure its the connexant processing in the xbox that spoils the picture.

as for standalone dvd players that have the like of faroujda upscaling i can't comment as i have never compared that to my home theater pc. all i do know is that the best the xbox can offer at the mo is not as good as my pc was giving me even in my early days of htpc exploration.

i'm using a sony10ht and this accepts 1080i and 720p. the output i use from my pc is 720p.

the other problem is that a lot of hd display devices do their own upscaling even on hdmi inputs and always on component. they use overscan. vga in a lot of cases is the only way to provide 1:1 pixel mapping without the upscaler in these device from kicking in and effectively softening the picture.

have i gone off topic yet?
(gamester17 @ sep. 13 2005,08:42 Wrote:
(norm in norman @ sep. 13 2005,04:53 Wrote:how do i go from the movie directly to the menu without pressing stop then selecting "play dvd" again?
in the my videos osd (on screen display) during playback, the top button functions as 'root menu', (...there is not yet an option to jump to 'title menu').

(norm in norman @ sep. 13 2005,04:53 Wrote:is there a way to play dvds the old way?
select mplayer from context menu (using the "play using..." option) for a specific .vob or .ifo file, (i've not tested ifo that way so not 100% sure that works).

(norm in norman @ sep. 13 2005,04:53 Wrote:just in case i have problems with certain dvds
suggest you report it as a bug instead (see faq), ...and preferable also send in the actual disc to a developer, (that way everyone benifit once it's fixed in cvs).
is there a way to set mplayer back as the default for dvd's?  thx.
dumb question ... what was wrong with the xbox native dvd player, if you have xbmc link to it? requires the dongle, of course, but am i missing something? Huh
can't play from hd nor network. not integrated into xbmc

i've been a long time xbmc user and endured the wait Image for the one feature that makes it complete.

congratulations on delivering...

how can i buy an xbox360 now, when xbmc isn't available for itHuh (yet) Confusedhifty:

well done guys.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement0