iGPU or discreet GPU, 24p, audio sync. Tips needed.
I have to go back on that Windows Virtual PC works with airfoil. Choppy playback still, although not as bad as Virtualbox.

Tried to setup a dual screen using a homemade DVI dummy plug, but that didn't work out either. I've given up on having Spotify work side-by-side with XBMC.

For video and the dreaded 24p audio sync problem, I ran into some problem. Checking both "adjust display refresh rate to video" and "sync playback to display" (resample audio) made it a little better, but I ended up getting audio distortions when playing 50Hz material on certain tv shows.

Now, just checking "adjust display..." and manually setting a global audio delay of 200ms, I seem to be getting good sync on at least 24p videos. So far, I'm going with that. Haven't tested this setup with a variety of material, but we'll se how it turns out.
Here's a final update on my build. It's been some time since I set it up, and I've tried to make xbmc and Spotify co-exist. I was not happy with the solution I'd come up with and decided to ditch Spotify completely. Wake-on-lan didn't function properly either, so the music-streaming part of the build started to fade.

Movie-wise, I also ran into a great deal of audio-sync issues. Most of the 24p material needed a delay of 200ms, but there was some variation depending on which file was playing. On most files I had to fine-tune manually.

In addition, annoying Windows popups kept ruining my setup. Sudden Java update notifications, automatic update reboots etc. was killing the HTPC experience.

Ditching Spotify, I realised that there was no need to keep Windows either. I ended up installing the latest XBMCbuntu (Frodo), and I'm suddenly running a home theater box the way it was meant to run :-)

Installing Frodo also seems to have fixed my audio sync issues (although it may have been the switch from windows to linux...not sure). So far, however, it's working great, and I'm really happy with the setup!
Why not just use the spotify addon?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125147
Well, I haven't bothered to look into that, mainly because I need to stream Spotify content to an airport extreme in our living room. The only airplay functionality in xbmc that I'm aware of is to act as a client/receiver of airplay content.

I'm actually looking to stream Spotify from the HTPC to my stereo downstairs (living room), preferrably completely independent of watching a movie upstairs (TV room).

I was able to use the Windows Spotify client together with the 3rd party program Airfoil to do this, but I ran into too many problems for it to be worthwhile.

Any tips on doing everything from within xbmc would be extremely helpful, though...
KrojamSoft SyncFile helped me in the same. You may try it works well and sync file smoothly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iGPU or discreet GPU, 24p, audio sync. Tips needed.0