iPad as Remote Control
Hey guys,

I'm very new to XBMC and everything that comes with it, just letting you know in advance.

I set up my home theater two days ago. It's my laptop connected to my HDTV with an HDMI cable. My laptop is on a wireless home network.

I went over my options for remote controls and figured I'd give the iPad a shot, since I had one laying around, not being used for anything at all. I tried multiple apps but my iPad just can't find the laptop when it scans for it. I figured it's a firewall issue, but the problem persists with my firewall off.

I did a fresh Windows install on my laptop so there's nothing on there (read: third party AV/FW software).

I realize it's an extremely general question, but I'm not sure what other details you may need, so please let me know in case you need any. It's extremely frustrating, though. From the apps I've tried 'Air Keyboard' seems to be your best choice.

And finally: what exactly does the official XBCM Remote Control app do? Could I use that to turn the iPad into a remote control for my laptop?

Thanks very much in advance.
Once you enable to remote feature in XBMC on your laptop, the XBMC remote control app can be used with it.
Great, thanks, now all I need is for the iPad to be able to connect to the laptop. No matter what I do, it just won't.

I've enabled DMZ, disabled firewalls on my modem, router and Windows and it still won't let it connect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad as Remote Control0