Android Playback of bluray isos
Has anyone been able to playback bluray isos with XBMC installed on android?
What's the playback like? Is it smooth any issues at all?
If you have had success and everything is smooth could you tell what device you are using?

FYI I'm thinking about one of the gbox midnight a so any specific experience around this device please let me know. Thanks all!
Hmm 100 views and no input. Guess some other people are interested also.
I haven't been able to test this myself, due to a lack of supported hardware, but I have heard of people playing back bluray rips (not sure if they were in ISO format or if they were 1:1 MKV rips) on the Pivos (AMLogic hardware) and it working pretty good.
I just got a Gbox midnight with Android 4. After a few days of messing with this device I finally got the box and xbmc somewhat stable. I'm running video files through xbmc over NAS drive and the Gbox's are connected wirelesly DVDRips are running ok, but looks like bluray and 1080 video is not good at all. Also tried connecting to ethernet rather than wireless but that didn't help. Still researching, no solution yet
You sure the GBox has HW acceleration support in the latest builds? Variations of this question come up all the time, the simple answer is very few hardware devices have HW acceleration working right now in the Android builds; without it you will have a tough time with non-SD content unless the device has a particularly fast CPU (which most don't).

Edit: NM, I see the Midnight is one that HW is working on, or supposed to. From what I read it is very touch-and-go depending on the quality of the rip, though?
Stormsurg: that's kind of disappointing as it looks like the gbox is one of the better boxes out there and has hardware acceleration. Are you run in the latest build? After you have a few days playing with care to post an update?? Would love to see some more detailed reports on some of these boxes.

Ixian: any reports of anyone playing 1:1 bluray iso's on any android boxes??
(2012-12-24, 23:45)Stormsurg Wrote: I just got a Gbox midnight with Android 4. After a few days of messing with this device I finally got the box and xbmc somewhat stable. I'm running video files through xbmc over NAS drive and the Gbox's are connected wirelesly DVDRips are running ok, but looks like bluray and 1080 video is not good at all. Also tried connecting to ethernet rather than wireless but that didn't help. Still researching, no solution yet

In my experience Blu-ray stuff doesn't stream well wirelessly - peak bitrates can hit 40+Mbs which can tax most real-world WiFi installations (and all but the best Powerline network installs). I have to use cabled Ethernet to my HTPC and Popcorn Hour to play Blu-ray ISOs (and MKVs remuxed with new subtitles but original audio and video streams that haven't been re-encoded)

Am expecting an AMLogic based Media Player to arrive in the next week or two - will report back how it plays with an AMLPlayer-enabled XBMC build then. (AMLPlayer has hardware acceleration)

(I've bought a DVB-S2 enabled box as pictured here : http://dvbdroid.info No idea if the DVB-S2 chipset is supported - but be good to get Linux, XBMC and TV Headend running on it...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback of bluray isos1