MythPVR, Ceton Infinitv 4, Multiple xbmcbuntu (frodo) front ends
I have a 1 Mythtv backend (master) set up with a Ceton Infinitv 4 - all 4 tuners (0,1,2,3) are configured for use in the Myth tv backend setup. I have 2 xbmcbuntu (frodo) front ends connected to the network. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to get frodo to select the next available tuner when tuner 0 is in use. Anyone have any insight on how to fix this?

doh! I failed to assign video sources to each additional tuner. Note for the novice, when you get the ceton card set up initially (card IP-card ID-tuner#), you will have to create 3 additional tuner entries for tuners 1,2,3. Your card IP will probably be 192.168.200.1; your card id will be 0 for the first card; your first tuner will be 0. (192.169.200.1-0-0 for tuner 1) The additional tuners will be 192.168.200.1-0.1, 192.168.200.2, 192.168.200.3. Once these are created, each tuner must be assigned a video source, comcast cable for me.

The procedure i used to get the clients to use discrete tuners was: Tune living room xbmcbuntu to a channel and leave it running, then i disabled the mythpvr plug-in in the master bedroom and then reenabled it. shazam! all working now.
Majcurtis.

I have the Ceton Infinity 4 in my main PC (windows) for now but may want to move it to my server as I don't have need for premiums so it's not a big deal.

With what you have noted above you are able to tune channels on any system running xbmc and set recordings and access recordings on any set?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythPVR, Ceton Infinitv 4, Multiple xbmcbuntu (frodo) front ends0