Frodo RC1 Ripped Bluray Problems
Hi there,

I'm a new user trying to get XBMC set up, and I'm having trouble getting ripped Blu Ray files (the BDMV and Certificate folders) to play. The menu opens up fine, but when I try to play the actual movie, there's no sound and the video stutters at an unwatchably slow rate.

Here's my setup:

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Radeon HD 4600
HDMI running from Radeon --> Oknyo Receiver --> TV
Latest Radeon Drivers Updated
No Realtek drivers installed
Tried several different video settings in XBMC and haven't found one that works (DXVA vs. software rendering, sync playback to display)
Audio set to 5.1 HDMI with WASAPI selected

I'm able to play other media types just fine. And it's strange that the Bluray menus work perfectly too, no?

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
More likely the audio settings is the root cause.....make sure exclusive mode is ticked in Windows 7 control panel....here are some tips- Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Again ati...
don´t think its an ati problem cause other players like powerDVD have no issues with passthrough HD-Audio.
still believe its the AudioEngine´s fault.
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2012-12-19, 22:46)bimme Wrote: don´t think its an ati problem cause other players like powerDVD have no issues with passthrough HD-Audio.

Mm
Though ati 12.11 has specific xbmc bug fixes!
That was for missing/garbled fonts, nothing more.
if u made sure, u enabled exclusive mode, and WASAPI in xbmc, try to disable "receiver cabable of DTS-MA" and see if it plays smooth again...
if everything is playing smooth again, your settings are all ok, and ur not alone with this problem Wink
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2012-12-19, 23:03)bimme Wrote: if u made sure, u enabled exclusive mode, and WASAPI in xbmc, try to disable "receiver cabable of DTS-MA" and see if it plays smooth again...
if everything is playing smooth again, your settings are all ok, and ur not alone with this problem Wink

Yes enabled exclsuive and wasapi, disabling dts-ma doesnt do anything for me
So i have different issues

Mines are
- some concerts in bd format are stuttering
- some movies give announcement "buffering"
- some mkvs play fine until some random points where audio continues, video stops the.fastforward to where video is (although i didnt see this back in rc1)
- some dvds stutter
- bd iso stutter!

All plays fine in mpc-hc and powerdvd
(2012-12-19, 22:53)Skank Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 22:46)bimme Wrote: don´t think its an ati problem cause other players like powerDVD have no issues with passthrough HD-Audio.

Mm
It's minor bugs....I have been using AMD catalyst version 12.10 since it released, and I haven't encounter issue....

(2012-12-19, 23:10)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 22:53)Skank Wrote:

Mm
It's minor bugs....I have been using AMD catalyst version 12.10 since it released, and I haven't encounter issue....

In my topic you said you tried u2 concert i told you but you tried fysical disc... Not a rip...
(2012-12-19, 23:03)bimme Wrote: if u made sure, u enabled exclusive mode, and WASAPI in xbmc, try to disable "receiver cabable of DTS-MA" and see if it plays smooth again...
+1....since the 4600 series don't support bitstreaming TrueHD and DTS-HD, you need to un-tick it in XBMC.....

@bluray :
try this sample pls
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Looks like unticking DTS-HD worked! So is that a bug, or does my video card not support bitstreaming? I could've sworn it did.

Thanks for the help!
(2012-12-19, 23:23)abfleis Wrote: Looks like unticking DTS-HD worked! So is that a bug, or does my video card not support bitstreaming? I could've sworn it did.

Thanks for the help!
As stated in post #11, I verify your card on AMD website- ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series GPU Specifications......unless you saw TrueHD and DTS-HD on your AVR, it's not bitstreaming it....it's probably decoded by your HTPC..

Since your hardware don't support it, it is not a bug....

(2012-12-19, 23:37)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 23:23)abfleis Wrote: Looks like unticking DTS-HD worked! So is that a bug, or does my video card not support bitstreaming? I could've sworn it did.

Thanks for the help!
As stated in post #11, I verify your card on AMD website- ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series GPU Specifications......unless you saw TrueHD and DTS-HD on your AVR, it's not bitstreaming it....it's probably decoded by your HTPC..

Since your hardware don't support it, it is not a bug....

Accordibg to thatpage. It doesnotsupport dts hd and truehd, so its normal you have to untick it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo RC1 Ripped Bluray Problems0