Delete database on shared sql systems
I have 3 systems with the shared database on MySQL on a NAS. I would like to delete the entire database (actually just movies but I think that is impossible) and start fresh.... Images and all. My confusion is on my inability to understand the "shared" thinking. I know I can delete the .db file on one system and just re-scan, but how do I delete it in the NAS and do I need to delete it on every system? And once the NAS is fresh, will the other XBMC's suddenly just have all the new info, or do I need to run a new scan on each to refresh them?

ALSO.... Should I just wait until FRODO because maybe the Mysql is no longer needed? Or gets set up different? I believe I read something about a newer sharing system with Frodo.
If you are using a shared mySQL library you only have one shared database file. This database file is on the mySQL server and not in your XBMC profile folders. That is the whole point of it. If you want to just remove the movies, you can. Remove the source on one of the XBMC installations. When it asks if you want to remove them from the library answer yes. Just make sure no other XBMC instance is trying to to a library update while you do this. Then after that, run a clean library command from settings\video\library. I am not sure if this step is completely necessary, but that is the OCD in me just making sure I get a clean library.

I am running the Frodo nightlies and still use mySQL.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete database on shared sql systems0