FRODO RC1 - Small inconsistant micro stutter when playing 720p MKV
Hi,

I am using a Core I3 (2100) with an integrated Intel HD 2000. I am using the proposed settings as per this thread. Thanks bluray!

Basically this means:
I am using latest available drivers from Intel. DXVA2 is disabled
Software is selected as render method. All other settings disabled under playback settings.
Use full screen windows rather than true full screen is enabled.

The files are streamed over a wireless N LAN from my QNAP TS-419P II.
I get very small (we talk fractions) micro stutter from time to time. The stutter is very inconsistent and if I replay the same scene by backing up 30 seconds the stutter will be gone. Needless to say this is still driving me crazy and a big reason why QBMC can't operate as my main media center solution.

God forbid... I also have MediaPortal installed since many years.
Using Lav Filters and the Dynamic Refresh Rate changer in MP makes the playback perfect. No stutter ever.
This gives me the reason to believe that the WLAN should not cause these problems?

I do want to switch over to XBMC now that the PVR support is added and I have my DVB-T stick in my QNAP with tvheadend. Not yet as stable as mp's tvserver but we'll get there I hope. I also love the speed of XBMC and the really fast playback of media (I guess that will be less of that if the solution is to enable "Adjust display refresh rate....".

It seems other users that have the same gfx and use the same settings have no complains. I hope it's not me being picky? Is it the 23.96 vs 24 fps problem I have? I don't see that in MP so should not be that.....

Anyone has any suggestions?
sounds like the intel 24p bug
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
(2012-12-20, 15:08)bimme Wrote: sounds like the intel 24p bug

I can agree to that.... but only visible in XBMC but not MediaPortal?
(2012-12-20, 14:55)FreeFrag Wrote: Hi,

I am using a Core I3 (2100) with an integrated Intel HD 2000. I am using the proposed settings as per this thread. Thanks bluray!

Basically this means:
I am using latest available drivers from Intel. DXVA2 is disabled
Software is selected as render method. All other settings disabled under playback settings.
Use full screen windows rather than true full screen is enabled.
If you are not using external player, I'm recommending to disable "Use full screen windows rather than true full screen".....you can try the option to Synce to display too.....and you might want to make sure that "balanced or high performance" power option is selected in Windows 7 control panel....it'll ensure that you are using the maximum performance from your CPU...

(2012-12-20, 14:55)FreeFrag Wrote: The files are streamed over a wireless N LAN from my QNAP TS-419P II.
I get very small (we talk fractions) micro stutter from time to time. The stutter is very inconsistent and if I replay the same scene by backing up 30 seconds the stutter will be gone. Needless to say
Have your try to playback the same file from the local or USB drive....just to rule out network issue....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Change of conditions... I got a deal on a passively cooled Nvidia GT610 so I invested in that.

I enabled "Adjust refresh rate to match video" and "Sync playback to display" and the playback is fine and stutter free now.

However, the 1-2 sec time the adjustment takes somewhat takes away the instant playback feeling XBMC had over MP. I guess that is how it must be if you want a stutter free playback.

Thanks bluray for the support!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FRODO RC1 - Small inconsistant micro stutter when playing 720p MKV0