Linux Package pysdm is not available...
Code:
nooks@HTPC:~$ sudo apt-get install pysdm
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package pysdm is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'pysdm' has no installation candidate

on xbmcbuntu 11 i had no problems installing this...now i'm on xbmcbuntu 12 rc1 amd "frodo"

thank you.
I might be mistaken, but I believe xbmcbuntu 12 rc1 is based on ubuntu 12.10. If so, then you won't find it in the repos. It was dropped from quantal because it hasn't been maintained in years.
mhm, for what maintaining when it works fine. only need it to mount my ntfs hdd.

any other chance to get it? don't want to work with fstab, because don't understand it and i already have crashed my system with wrong entries.

any help?
You don´t need to mess around with the fstab....I got pysdm working

I exit XBMC and logged in into XBMCbuntu

Downloaded pysdm from here:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/pysdm

So, open Chrome which is installed in XBMCbuntu insert the link and download the package by clicking "all" and choose a mirror and double-click it to start installing

after that I won´t work out of the box. For me it helped to enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install -f

in a terminal and after that it works fantastic and I got my HDD´s mountet automatically on boot.

Hope this will help you. For me it works fine

Cheers

Note: Only testet in XBMCbuntu RC2 for NVidia
How do you expect to learn if you always use tools like pysdm (which over-complicate things in most cases). Editing /etc/fstab isn't rocket science if you spend 5 minutes on Google before you do it. An example line for an NTFS mount is:

Code:
dev/sda2   /media/NTFS   ntfs    defaults    0   2
@David

danke, now device manager is installed, but when i want to start it and enter the pw nothing happen.

@negge

hey, i spend so much hours with and i'm not wiser. there are tons of infos, much outdated or different. much commands my ubuntu don't understand aso

there are to much infos, explanations and stuff for someone who isn't handy with ubuntu. never found a simple tutorial.

edit: solved

thanks a lot for the line. found out how this works by my own without tutorials.

sudo su
less /etc/fstab

#volume1
dev/sdb2 /media/volume1 ntfs defaults 0 2
#volume2
dev/sdb3 /media/volume2 ntfs defaults 0 2
#volume3
dev/sdb4 /media/volume3 ntfs defaults 0 2

that's all...lol
nice...you got it managed with fstab

I had the same issue that pysdm won't start. After entering

Code:
sudo apt-get install -f

everything works fine

But now you need it any longer ;-)

Cheers
Great to hear you sorted it out! I know that good tutorials/advice about Linux can be hard to come by, especially regarding NTFS. Most people on the Internet seem to be stuck in 2005 when it still required some tinkering.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Package pysdm is not available...0