HTPC Build Comparison
(2012-12-21, 05:29)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 03:28)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 03:16)rip_king Wrote: I had just built an HTPC using the ASRock FM2 mobo with the A6-5400k and didn't have much heat issues. I used the Big Shuriken 2 cooler inside the Realan E-I7 case and was getting temps of around 40C with a pretty low fan speed. With a higher fan speed was even lower. PSU went on the fritz though and hoping to have that fixed soon,
I read too many PSU's getting fried on AsRock FM2. Another forum reported the mobo on fire....I think that Asrock rushed FM2 mobo to the market without extensive testes.....Sad

I've been sending out replacement PSUs like crazy. Sometimes they even come back to life mysteriously. These PSUs have been rock-solid so I don't think it's the PSUs themselves and it's too much of a coincidence that all the bad ones are from this motherboard. It's still enough to make me want to cry though. What a week.

Sorry to hear that... who new that this new FM2 from asrock or AMD would be a pain... Undecided
Have a good one Big Grin
(2012-12-21, 12:41)Beer40oz Wrote: Sorry to hear that... who new that this new FM2 from asrock or AMD would be a pain... Undecided
Not AMD....it's definitely AsRock....the mobos from other manufactures are fine....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thank you. The Build#2 is very interesting.

What about a AMD E350 + Radeon HD 6310 like this:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation...1034&lid=1

It is very cheap, I wonder if it can play everything as CPU+GPU combination of the build #2
(2012-12-21, 17:24)peregrinus Wrote: What about a AMD E350 + Radeon HD 6310 like this:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation...1034&lid=1
You'll have problem streaming Netflix HD, and you might have problem playback blu-ray 1080p+bitstreaming HD audio using XBMC+Windows 7 too.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I am using MSI FM2 mini itx board, AMD a6-5400k, noctua low profile cooler in Realan e-i7. I have SSD and DVD drive installed. I don't believe scythe big shrunken would fit; scythe kozuti fits just fine. The a6-5400k is rated 65w tops. I am finding my temps are 46 at idle, 55-60 watching streaming TV (measured with speccy, hwmonitor shows temps about 3-5 c lower). I have three exhaust fans set up. Is hwmonitor more accurate? Would like to figure out how to lower temps.
(2012-12-21, 12:41)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 05:29)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 03:28)bluray Wrote: I read too many PSU's getting fried on AsRock FM2. Another forum reported the mobo on fire....I think that Asrock rushed FM2 mobo to the market without extensive testes.....Sad

I've been sending out replacement PSUs like crazy. Sometimes they even come back to life mysteriously. These PSUs have been rock-solid so I don't think it's the PSUs themselves and it's too much of a coincidence that all the bad ones are from this motherboard. It's still enough to make me want to cry though. What a week.

Sorry to hear that... who new that this new FM2 from asrock or AMD would be a pain... Undecided
Have a good one Big Grin

I'll have to quote my self 3months ago "new socket new problems, ib is still the way to go until we've seen fm2 running for a couple of months" :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Build Comparison0