Win No sound DTS 5.1
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a windows or an xbmc issue, but I appreciate any help in this matter. My problem is that when I play an mkv file with the audio being dts 5.1 I get the error "Unsupported audio output", any other audio extension works (dolby, aac, etc). When I try to play the same file in another media center such as plex I have no issues. I would rather use XBMC rather than anything else so I hope I can fix this issue because I have lots of movies in this format.

For my setup I have an htpc with windows 7 ultimate running xbmc. The pc has an amd A8-3850 apu with built in hd radeon graphics. The pc is connected through HDMI to a 42" sony lcd tv, no other reciever in between. I tried XBMC 11, XBMC 11 with hd patch and XBMC 12 RC1 and I have the same problem with all versions. Can someone suggest anything or point me in the right direction please.

Thanks in advance
Your TV doesn't support DTS. Unselect "DTS capable receiver" in the audio settings of XBMC to decode it to PCM.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
That was simple ... I can't believe I was downloading all these decoders and all the extra external player and trying all sort of things and all I had to do is unselect DTS.

Thank you very very much DDDamian
Smile enjoy
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound DTS 5.10