Win XBMC Help
I connect my HTPC to TV using a HDMI cable, should I install Eden or Frodo?

1. How do I gather the video file cover and information?

2. Is it the best to separate Movies and TV Shows in a different folder?

3. Any settings I should disable/enable?
0. Frodo will go into release very soon, so you're probably best to go with that. However, the version makes no difference to HDMI support.

1. You define "sources" in XBMC (basically, directories) and tell the application what that source contains - movies, music videos, TV shows, whatever. You then use "scrapers" - little applications that match your file names to public web sites like thetvdb.com and themoviedb.com, and from there collect all the information, including artwork.

2. Yes, because you need to define them as separate scraper types.

3. Depends on what you're trying to do. Given your questions, though, I'd say no - go with default until you know more.
(2012-12-20, 21:53)Prof Yaffle Wrote: You define "sources" in XBMC (basically, directories) and tell the application what that source contains - movies, music videos, TV shows, whatever. You then use "scrapers" - little applications that match your file names to public web sites like thetvdb.com and themoviedb.com, and from there collect all the information, including artwork.
Is there a guide on how to do it?

Appreciate your a new member but there is no need for 2 threads asking the same question - particularly when another poster was kind enough to provide a link to the WIKI in that thread. Take his advice all you need is there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Help0